Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: There is always scope for improving one's skill

There is always scope for improving one's skill

There is always posibility for improving one's Photography skill, and PP skill, doing mistake and than try to improve upon it., and you will learn a lot.

Hi Colin,

Let me first appologize to you, Without taking your permission I am posting your image here, can you figure out your original IMAGE ? and your comments please....after a gap of more than 10 years, now I am trying to improve, and testing my PP skill...

image-forum-c.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 23rd November 2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: image not showing - Dave added image inline

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: There is always scope for improving one's skill

Hi Ashwin,

Mine's the one on the the left - the other two have the foreground too bright, and far too much detail revealed in the background hills (I deliberately choose to keep that dark so as to provide a bit more contrast),

By the way, this particular image is in my "yet to be completed" file as I've only done a rough "preliminary" job on my home screen at this stage (which needs reprofiling).

Re: There is always scope for improving one's skill

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Ashwin,

Mine's the one on the the left - the other two have the foreground too bright, and far too much detail revealed in the background hills (I deliberately choose to keep that dark so as to provide a bit more contrast),

By the way, this particular image is in my "yet to be completed" file as I've only done a rough "preliminary" job on my home screen at this stage (which needs reprofiling).
    Yes you have rightly spoted the Image., since you had posted this image for contest, I thought that you have completed work on this image. personaly my preference is 2nd - middle image wherein very little detail is revealed in the distant mountain and also foreground little brighten and highpass sharpen., 3rd one little unnatural in the hill portion , given the available light condition such a detail is not posible.