Thread: Neck and Neck

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Neck and Neck

Found this image going through my vast photo library which was in the early period of my new found love for photography , especially the sport side. I had just has a new camera for my Birthday - a bridging one (Lumix FZ28) as I was too petrified to go for a DSLR. Had lots of fun with this little beauty and even though I have progressed to a DSLR I still have it as my back up.

Neck and Neck
    Lumix FZ28: 1/1000: F3.2: ISO 160

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Neck and Neck

This photo captured my attention -- two coincidentally synchronized athletes absolutely focussed on the race. The B&W works well. Colour might well be a distraction.

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Joanne, like your photograph. Nice image.

Karm

Real Name
    Christina

I too love this image.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Joanne, I am so glad to see it was captured in the early days of your new found love. I guess you will not cut the legs if you had to do it again. When you need to crop an image like this it is always better to do the crop just above the waist. With action shots like this I believe the legs are part of the action and should be in the picture.

Those Panasonic cameras are great cameras, look at the lens, it says Leica. You can capture stunningly sharp images with that Panasonic. It is a very good backup for your DSLR.

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    I guess you will not cut the legs if you had to do it again. When you need to crop an image like this it is always better to do the crop just above the waist. With action shots like this I believe the legs are part of the action and should be in the picture.
    Thank you for your comments Andre, I actually did not crop this image at all. I was stood right at the barrier when this image was taken. I did think of cropping the legs out but I wanted to show how synchronized they were. I have so many more action shots where legs or arms are just out of the frame and would have been amazing images if they had been in - but hey, thats photography
    Joanne x

Real Name
    John

I really like this photo.

Very crisp and sharp, and the black & white suits the photo.