Thread: How does this work?

Real Name
    Richard

How does this work?

When you place your mouse pointer over an image, a box pops up showing the shooting parameters. IMO, that is really neat!
    http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50276257
    Is that a function of DP review or how the image was posted...

BTW: The quality of these ISO 8000 shots is pretty darn good!

Real Name
    John

Re: How does this work?

It's the website function. Before this change you could click on the image and the exif data would appear below the image alongwith photographer information. Flickr has a similar function and I believe it appears to the right of the image.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    BTW: The quality of these ISO 8000 shots is pretty darn good!
    Pretty darn good, very pretty darn good! And it is a Canon

Real Name
    J stands for John

I am always amused at people who judge things from web images this small and forget about post processing and give the credit to the camera They could be taken with a P&S camera for all we know unless that is listed in the alternative image. EDIT It is
    What you are seeing with the mouse resting over the image is an 'alternative image' which could well be another picture but you are seeing some text info I gather ... somewhere I have the instructions for incorporating it in my website but yet to bother about it as it seemed rather too complicaated for what I had in mind
    From my one experience of shooting at 6400 which is only a third of a stop different, and some of my exposures I adjusted to give me 8000 ISO or similar I think at that size you simply cannot tell if it is really good or just looks good at that size and I don't shoot Canon

EDIT #2 Even when you click on the image it only gives you about a 6x6 inch image to view.
    Last edited by jcuknz; 14th April 2013 at 09:24 AM.

Real Name
    Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    When you place your mouse pointer over an image, a box pops up showing the shooting parameters. IMO, that is really neat!
    You could possibly get an EXIF reader plugin for your browser and you will get the same result on all images that still hold the info.

I use Google Chrome and have the plugin, it works well.

Robbie.