Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Two Towers

Real Name
    Phil Page

The Two Towers

These towers are in Bologna, which is a city full of porticos, or covered walkways. I wanted to try to get both the portico and towers in the same shot, so c&c on the composition is more than welcome. This is a 9 shot panorama, with each shot blended with -2EV, 0EV and +2EV exposures:

The Two Towers

Real Name
    Paul

Re: The Two Towers

Phil, I like the processing and the comp. The processing is just shy of moving towards overdone...but it is not. There is some distorsion on the first pillar on the right that tugs at my eye.

I say....very nicely done.

Real Name
    John

Very nice.

The Two Towers

Hi
    Was this a three row pano?

Real Name
    Mark

Now thats more like it Phil, much more impact than you recent venice postings (thought youd lost your touch )

Russ (is that your name) exif data says its shot at 16.4mm so i think its a single shot. if you want to view exif data you can download a plugin for most browsers and then if you right click on the image the option will be there, this works well with fire fox.

Real Name
    Phil Page

Thanks guys. This is a 9 shot pano, 3 x 3. I could have got away with 2x3 high, but wanted to be sure the stitch worked. Lens used was a 35mm prime. Each shot of the 9 had 3 versions. 1 at 1/2 second, 1 at 2 seconds and 1 at 8 seconds.

@ Mark - try juggling a 1 year old + stroller, plus a pregnant wife, plus a father -in-law around Venice in cold weather - photography takes a back seat!

Real Name
    Mark

Thanks guys. This is a 9 shot pano, 3 x 3. I could have got away with 2x3 high, but wanted to be sure the stitch worked. Lens used was a 35mm prime. Each shot of the 9 had 3 versions. 1 at 1/2 second, 1 at 2 seconds and 1 at 8 seconds.
    just goes to show how wrong ya can be! how come the exif data shows then?

@ Mark - try juggling a 1 year old + stroller, plus a pregnant wife, plus a father -in-law around Venice in cold weather - photography takes a back seat!
    Yes did read that Phil but excuses, excuses, next time leave them at home