Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lincolnshire winter

Lincolnshire winter

Hi I'm new to the site and new to photography, there's are my first winter pictures, I went out around 6-00 in the morning to get the sun rising.. Any tips please thanks
    Lincolnshire winter
    Lincolnshire winter
    Lincolnshire winter

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Lincolnshire winter

Hi Woody, welcome to C in C. It would help the viewer if you place a space or two between each image so they don't bleed into each other.

I like the 2nd one: nice placement of the sun. I wonder where you metered for that shot? I know it is early morning, but the sky seems a little washed out.

The 3rd one seems to me to have an odd depth of field: the focus on the top wire doesn't seem to coincide with the focus on the one beneath it. Otherwise, it is an interesting shot. The bit of lens flare could be removed in pp

If possible,I would like to see the whole tree in #2; or crop tighter. As it is, with just a few branches missing it isn't really one way or the other. But potentially an excellent shot.

#3 has too much out of focus foreground for me. I think I would try a crop of the right side and top but suspect this is another of those good ideas which just didn't quite work out in reality. I get lots of those!

Real Name
    Miltos

Hello Woody, welcome to CiC.

Very nice images you got! Well done!

Here are some thougths and advice:

- Apart from a space between images as already mentioned it always help to place a number at each image to facilitate our comments.

- The 1st one has some very interesting texture. A bit more DoF (depth of field) would suit better IMO.

- For the 2nd one just as Jeoff said. Wider or tighter frame and less "whites" in the sky (in PP - post production)

- The 3rd is very nice! I admire your creativity. You could eliminate the reflection of the sun (orange dot on the right) in PP. You could also try a different crop with less of the non-interesting sky.

And another general comment:
    I feel that all of your images could be enhanced in PP with better contrast, exposure and Local Contrast Enhancement. I don't know what's your background and knowledge in PP but it definetely worth spending time (and money) to master it!