Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Snowy Egrets

Real Name
    Roger

Snowy Egrets

Here are some shots from yesterday they were shot a little early in the day the light was kind of harsh.
    Snowy Egrets

Snowy Egrets

Snowy Egrets

Snowy Egrets

Snowy Egrets

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Snowy Egrets

Very nice series Roger, I'd be really pleased to have shot them myself.

#3 might have been better with the feet in shot, but the nice tight crop and angle of view.
    I could say the same for #4, but it looks so comical (I assume mid-ruffle), that it is ok

It looks like you are trying out different frames for feedback - in which case, for me #5's frame doesn't work well - the drop shadow falls right outside the slim white border width, so it appears to have three white borders and nothing at the bottom.

Hope that's helpful,

Real Name
    Dave

Yes, a very nice series. Are they all the same bird? The white balance looks fine, but the lores in 3 and 5 (and the feet in 5) look very orange as opposed to the more usual yellow. Any snowy experts out there?

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Roger, very nice set. The last one is a keeper, IMHO. Print it and hang it! Vey well done.

Real Name
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Very nice series Roger, I'd be really pleased to have shot them myself.

#3 might have been better with the feet in shot, but the nice tight crop and angle of view.
    I could say the same for #4, but it looks so comical (I assume mid-ruffle), that it is ok

It looks like you are trying out different frames for feedback - in which case, for me #5's frame doesn't work well - the drop shadow falls right outside the slim white border width, so it appears to have three white borders and nothing at the bottom.

Hope that's helpful,
    Dave, Thanks for the feedback I see what you mean on the frame on #5 as far as the feet on #3 I wish the feet were there too I was zoomed in and unexpectedly he took flight. And on # there was a light colored rock in front of the bird blocking his feet that was distracting so I cloned it out. Thanks again for the comments.

Real Name
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    Yes, a very nice series. Are they all the same bird? The white balance looks fine, but the lores in 3 and 5 (and the feet in 5) look very orange as opposed to the more usual yellow. Any snowy experts out there?
    Thanks there were about 5 birds in a group and I am unsure if any of these are of the same bird, I'll go look at the originals to see if the orange was my processing.

Real Name
    Terri

These are really nice, Roger. I like them all but especially the fluffy one. By the way, I am no Snowy expert having seen my first one this last week but the one I saw had feet that were more orange than yellow.

Real Name
    Bobo

Very nice series. Fluffy for me too.

Orange or yellow? From the ones I have seen they are mostly yellow and in some light almost orange.

Real Name
    Joe

Nice images Roger, you handled the exposure of the white well... keeping white birds from having spots that blow our is always difficult. I like very much the backlighting on the egret with it's feathers fluffed.

Real Name
    Roger

Thanks everyone for the complements.