Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The great Kiskadee

  1. #1
    Otavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    2,454
    Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

    The great Kiskadee

    Dear fellows, I gathered these Kiskadee images and just processed them this morning. This bird has a very beautiful (and loud) call. It is a brave bird, sometimes even attacking small hawks that try to mess with them (in these situations they usually attack in couple).

    I hope you like it. C&C welcomed and thanks for viewing!

    #1

    The great Kiskadee

    #2

    The great Kiskadee

    #3

    The great Kiskadee

    #4

    The great Kiskadee

    #5

    The great Kiskadee

    #6

    The great Kiskadee

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,621
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Very nice series. Thanks for sharing.

    I particularly like 1, 4 and 6.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Grand Cayman, GT
    Posts
    830
    Real Name
    Graham Heron

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Hi Otavio,
    As I scrolled up and saw 5, it had a nice sense of 3D about it.
    How about ending the frame of the picture at the level of the wall (rotate so it is level).
    Keep the shadow and the wing outside the image frame.
    Graham
    Nice set overall.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Devon, UK
    Posts
    11,706

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Pity about that black 'smudge' beneath the tail in #1.

    #4 is particularly good.

  5. #5
    Otavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    2,454
    Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Very nice series. Thanks for sharing.

    I particularly like 1, 4 and 6.
    Hello, Bobo. Thanks for viewing and for your feedback. Cheers,

  6. #6
    Otavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    2,454
    Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    Hi Otavio,
    As I scrolled up and saw 5, it had a nice sense of 3D about it.
    How about ending the frame of the picture at the level of the wall (rotate so it is level).
    Keep the shadow and the wing outside the image frame.
    Graham
    Nice set overall.
    Thanks Graham. And I will consider the suggestion regarding number five. Cheers.

  7. #7
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Lovely bird, nice images. I would love to see it in a natural environment, bush, tree etc. but nature photography does not always cooperate.

  8. #8
    Otavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    2,454
    Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Pity about that black 'smudge' beneath the tail in #1.

    #4 is particularly good.
    Thanks, Geoff, for viewing. Really a pity. I think it was a frigate bird passing by. Regards...

  9. #9
    splashy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    176
    Real Name
    Splashy

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    The great Kiskadee

  10. #10
    Otavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    2,454
    Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    Lovely bird, nice images. I would love to see it in a natural environment, bush, tree etc. but nature photography does not always cooperate.
    Thanks, Joe. You are right, a natural environment would work much better.

    Regards...

  11. #11
    Otavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    2,454
    Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Quote Originally Posted by splashy View Post
    The great Kiskadee
    Thanks, Splashy. Your edit looks nice. Cheers...

  12. #12
    Panama Hat & Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rio de janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    443
    Real Name
    Antonio

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Otavio​​,
    Beautiful photos of my favorite bird! The picture #4 is special. I can almost hear it singing "bem-te-vi!" (which is its name in Portuguese).
    Although not so sharp as #4 (it's hard to take this kind of photo), the shape of the wings and the position of feathers is very well shown in photo # 5.
    Congratulations
    Antonio.

  13. #13
    Otavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    2,454
    Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

    Re: The great Kiskadee

    Quote Originally Posted by Panama Hat View Post
    Otavio​​,
    Beautiful photos of my favorite bird! The picture #4 is special. I can almost hear it singing "bem-te-vi!" (which is its name in Portuguese).
    Although not so sharp as #4 (it's hard to take this kind of photo), the shape of the wings and the position of feathers is very well shown in photo # 5.
    Congratulations
    Antonio.
    Antônio, thank you for viewing and for the feedback. I appreciate it.

    Regards...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •