Thread: Flat Iron Building

Real Name
    Allan Short

Flat Iron Building

Up to Toronto on the weekend and got a shot of the Flat Iron Building in the early morning light, about 30 minutes before sunrise we sill had blue light. I was parked in a no parking area and was coming back to the car when one of Toronto's finest came along, I said I was just leaving as I stopped to just take a few quick shots. He stated that he had seen a number of people taking shot however wondered why, so I showed him and pointed out how the morning light was lighting up the tops of the towers and shining of the coloured glass. He agreed, and stated that for all the years he has walked the area he has never looked up, he is always scanning around at ground level and has missed those scences.

Cheers:

Allan

Flat Iron Building

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Flat Iron Building

Very nice image. Glad you took a ticket risk to get it.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Great light Allan, worth the early start. I think you've handled the exposure really well.

Is this Flat Iron building similar to the one in New York ?

Dave

Real Name
    John

Very nice shot. I spotted that building during the Toronto Marathon and got a few shots of it, however it was during the day so I missed what you were able to capture.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    He agreed, and stated that for all the years he has walked the area he has never looked up, he is always scanning around at ground level
    And I think that's maybe something we all tend to do in our 'home patch'. I bet you've now changed that man's perception of his surroundings and he will be much more aware of what's around him. I know that since I started teaching myself to 'look up' whilst in those places that I felt were very familiar to me, I have seen things that I never knew existed.