Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Last Troubadore

Real Name
    John

The Last Troubadour

Comments on the edit, a salvage attempt. Shot four years ago in Williams, Arizona around 8:00PM.
    Nikon P90 (f/5.6, 1/393sec, ISO 64, 23mm, -2ev). Camera is known for high noise in low light situations.

First photo edited through Perfectly Clear software.
    The Last Troubadore

Second photo edited through Elements (levels adj.( output 21, input 1.18grey slider). Goal was to tone down the shadows.
    The Last Troubadore
    Last edited by Shadowman; 21st March 2013 at 09:27 AM.

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: The Last Troubadour

Hi, John

Interesting post-processing challenge. You may not want to lose that nice golden light, but have you considered a B&W conversion?

Certainly noise seems to live more naturally in B&W than in color, and it might give you more latitude in your tonal adjustment. I played with the JPEG in Curves and then converted in Silver Efex, and it certainly allowed more tonal adjustment of the shadow areas. The raw file might be even more amenable.

Real Name
    John

Re: The Last Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by kdoc856 View Post
    Hi, John

Interesting post-processing challenge. You may not want to lose that nice golden light, but have you considered a B&W conversion?

Certainly noise seems to live more naturally in B&W than in color, and it might give you more latitude in your tonal adjustment. I played with the JPEG in Curves and then converted in Silver Efex, and it certainly allowed more tonal adjustment of the shadow areas. The raw file might be even more amenable.
    Hi Kevin,

The b & w conversion is a consideration. Unfortunately, this was shot in jpeg format. The P90 doesn't have RAW format so working with what I have. Thanks for viewing.