Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Dance (I couldn't think of anything else to put)

Real Name
    Zach

Dance (I couldn't think of anything else to put)

So I've seen a bunch of dance pictures like these on here, so last night I had my girlfriend pull out her giant tutu and get in her dance outfit, just so we could try and duplicate them. Working with what I had as a background and lighting I think they came out rather well. Let me know what you all think! C&C welcomed.

Also thank you to whoever originally posted these kinds of pictures on here for the idea!

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Dance (I couldn't think of anything else to put)

Hi Zack, i love the tone and composition on image no 2 and if i had any adverse comment about this lovely image it would be the shadows under her feel feel a little strong to me. i also love the symmetry of the lines in the flooring and the way that she is posed.

I cant say that i like the other 2 as much though i like the movement in number 1 but i just cant get to grips with the composition/crop i feel i want to see more of your model.

No 2 lacks detail and contrast for my taste and i dont like the off center composition in this image.

of coures its all verry subjective and its your opinion that counts, keep posting!

Real Name
    Zach

Thanks Mark. Everyones opinion matters to me, thats how you learn the most.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Hi Zach,
    Love no. 2. Love the placement of the light so the reflection of it highlights the feet, which is where the eye starts through the image.
    No 1 has potential but further away from backdrop if possible. It's too strong graphically and therefore distracting.
    Graham

Real Name
    Zach

Thanks Graham, No 1 we couldn't be any further since we were in her houses office, using the door shades as the backdrop, any further and she would have spun into a tredmill, that wouldn't have gone well. Thank you though

Real Name
    Lex

#2 is very strong! The shadows and reflected highlights in the floor are unfortunate, but I suspect you can dodge and burn your way out. It looks like the horizon line is a tad off (top leaning to photo right). But the pose and subject are great.

Real Name
    Zach

Thank you!

Real Name
    Annette

I am going to have to agree I like the last one best. The first one is very nice and I like the movement, the second is nice as well but the third has great DOF and POV. I also like that she is not totally centered in the image. That makes it much more interesting or "appealing" may be a better term. I also think these photos would not have had the same great effect, had they been in color, so good choice with the B/W. Good job!

Real Name
    Zach

Thank you! Means a lot. My main objective was getting that last shot, but we started experimenting and a bunch of good ones came out!