Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: B+W ..again

Real Name
    Claudio

B+W ..again

Hi all..i'm back with another b&w image..not sure where to put it..think we need a abstract and still life thread? Please guys..go crazy ..njoy yourselves with the c+c...i need it!! I tried b&w bfor and i started laying around with curves on this one..seems to come out a bit more. What do u think of compostion? should i maybe go in a bit more? Any advice would be great!!

Have a nice day

B+W ..again

Nikon D5100 F5.6 , SS 1/13 ,ISO 100 !8-55mm Focal length 50mm

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: B+W ..again

In terms of the post processing, including B & W conversion, I think you've done a very good job on this. Tones and textures have been well brought out.

I'm not sure about the composition. I certainly wouldn't see it as an abstract image. It's much too recognisable and 'real'. I see the primary point of interest as being the wheel ... and I think it's too much in the centre of the frame. What i wonder is wehy we need to see so much wall on the left, particularly as we've got a corner of the wall in the picture and I think that vertical is quite distracting. What about a crop - pretty close in to the outside edge of the tyre so that you take that wall corner out of the picture altogether?

Real Name
    Claudio

Hi Donald, took your advice and i see exactly what u mean..looks much better without the corner and now that its cropped a little more, the wheel sort of falls more to the middle to lower left, instead of it all been in the middle. Let me know what u think. This image helped me out alot with black and white because of its textures, i see the more texture u have the more theimage responds to the eye in B&W?

Thanks again for the advice

B+W ..again

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioG View Post
    Let me know what u think.
    I think that is a much better composition. We don't have any distractions now.