A couple of versions of a shot that I took of the east Oahu coastline. I'm up for some brutal C&C on this one so I am presenting a mono version and my basic ACR edit of the original shot. Here are the things I feel are positive about the image (feel free to disagree):
- I like the basic composition (especially given the almost blown out sky with minimal detail in the clouds).
- I think that the mono version is stronger as I found the color a bit too intense.
- My goal was to create a high key image from the start and as a result I tried to any add only as much contrast as necessary.
Now the concerns:
- Is the foreground to busy? Is there too much of it?
- Am I missing something in the processing that could improve the image?
- I have a nagging feeling that this image goes in the round file...(I can go back and re-shoot under better lighting conditions)
If you are so inclined, feel free to have a go at your own edit of the image and share your basic workflow...
EXIF data: F16, 1/160, Exp Compensation -.67, ISO 100, Focal length 55mm (crop sensor)