Real Name
    Mitch Ward

Hdr c&c

All comments welcome, I still learn.

Hdr c&c

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Hdr c&c

As soon as I see 'HDR' in the title of an post I imagine I'm going to see an over-tonemapped picture. That's not really something I'm keen on, although many people are and are very good at producing them.

But this is not that. However, I am wondering, 'Why HDR'? The scene doesn't look like it needed the application of HDR principles to capture all the detail. And, given the subject matter and all that water and mud splashing around, are we actually talking about one image that been re-processed a number of times, rather than a series of images at different exposures then blended.

I know that the use of language to describe this process is changing and that 'HDR' is now used in everyday language to mean many different things, but I think it would be helpful to people learning to know what we mean when we say 'HDR'. Becuase however, this one was made, I like it.

Real Name
    Andrew

Is it possible that this is a 'tone mapped', single exposure image? If it were a multiple exposure HDR we would most likely see a 'higher dynamic range' giving us all the details under the vehicle too. Which, as you've pointed out Donald, would be impossible with the motion in this shot.

Either way, I too like it.

Possibly some mud flying around from the front left wheel is a little on the 'harsh' side; but overall, it works OK for me.

Real Name
    Mitch Ward

Sorry for the mislabeling, The reason I did so was that I took the origional shot and duplicated the layer(2) and lightened it, then ran it through Nik silver for a nice contrast base, then switched to layer 1 and ran it through Nik HDR, adjusted to my liking.
    Then I adjust the opacity of layer 2 over layer 1 till I achieved what you see.

I will look into the true HDR and see what images I get into..

Thank you

Mitch