Thread: Restricted zone

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Restricted zone

This high-rise office building reflect afternoon sun with blue sky background was really eye catching to me. I notice this everyday especially in the late afternoon during fine weather when I was traveling within the area on my way home. That was my strong reason why I carry and kept my camera either LX5 or PEN E-P3 stand by inside my sling bag of Thinktank Hubba-Hubba-Hiney everyday I go to work. This is how I practice my composition and urban landscape photography. I am pleased to share this shot with ALL out there. Your c&c would be helpful and appreciated .

Restricted zone
    Last edited by Walj; 16th March 2013 at 09:25 AM.

Re: Restricted zone

For me, Walad, there is just a little too much dark area at the bottom. But if you reduce that, how do you retain the same size ratio?

Maybe just a fraction off the right side to bring the right wire closer to the edge and the same amount from the bottom.

I suspect that just a little would be sufficient to give slightly better overall balance.

Real Name
    Alfred Forns

Does have impact and appeal !! I like it !!

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Hi ALL,

Thanks for viewing and your valuable comments.

@Geoff: Actually in my shot above, I find the reflect afternoon sun against the building was a perfect eye catching as a subject and also the silhouette since I notice some backlit at the same time. It was on purpose I set my EV to minus (-) slightly as to camouflage certain messy objects of old building structures (currently in the process of redevelopment) also to make the profile of fencing brickwall with barbed wire above more outstanding. Anyway it was just a test shot as I did it with only Olympus micro 4/3 camera with its kit lens. I was thinking to redo this shot with my Canon setup of 5DII and 17-40 wide-angle lens. Well.. it's a matter of time once I have the opportunity again. However, I really appreciate your comments very much. I will definitely use this as a guideline for my next photoshooting for sure. Great!
    Last edited by Walj; 17th March 2013 at 05:26 AM.