Thread: Cambridge Gallery

Real Name
    Al Robinson

Cambridge Gallery

I am fascinated and awed at the photos in this sites gallery. The photos appeal to me due to their rich dark colors. Can anyone give me some insite as to the lens f-stop and iso that they were taken at? I'm new to photography after a long hyatis.

Real Name
    Andrew

Re: Cambridge Gallery

Hi Albert, and welcome back to photography, and to CinC!!

Can you let us know which ones in particular you like? Most of them were all submitted by different members, and in varying situations, so I can almost assure you with 100% certainty that none of them use a similar or specific ISO, Aperture, or Shutter Speed.

But, if you show us which ones you like, someone can probably help you!

Real Name
    Al Robinson

I should have clarified. I meant the picture gallery tab at the the very bottom of this web site. I'm maybe presumptuous, but I believe they're taken around Cambridge University. Most were taken around sunset or at night. Very dramatic and bold in color.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
    I should have clarified. I meant the picture gallery tab at the the very bottom of this web site. I'm maybe presumptuous, but I believe they're taken around Cambridge University. Most were taken around sunset or at night. Very dramatic and bold in color.
    Albert - All these were indeed taken in Cambridge by the site owner Sean (McQ) during his time as a student there, which is where he started this site, hence its name.

If you study the CiC tutorials, Sean uses a number of his images to illustrate points he makes.

Real Name
    Al Robinson

Thank you Donald for the reply. I will look at the CIC tutorials. They are very nice.

Real Name
    Bryan

You also may be able to find the lens, iso, f-sto, etc. in an images meta/exif data. Copy the images URL and paste in Jeffrey's Exif Viewer, or you can get add-ons for firefox that will allow you to see the exif.

Note that some programs strip this data, so if all else fails, ask the person who took it.