Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Landing Duck

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

Landing Duck

This image has been heavily cropped as I had the wrong lens on when this duck decided to land on the river. It is a shot that I have been after for some time, however there is minor motion blur, which I have tried to deal with as best I can. Has anyone any ideas how I can improve this image and does a small amount of motion blur add to a shot of this type.

Your comments will be gratefully received.

Landing Duck

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Landing Duck

Hi Chris, for me its one for the bin my processing skills wouldnt be up to it, but im skeptical that anybodies would! (but someone will prove me wrong!)

i think your time would be better spent next to the lake with you cam, a few beers and picnic and re shoot! (oops your in England so you might have to wait until august for the picnic )

A little bit of motion blur in the wings can be OK for an action scene providing the head, etc, is sharp.

But, as Mark said, everything is too out of focus to have any hope of editing your way out of trouble in this case.

And based on last year, I wouldn't hold out too much hope for an August picnic either.

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

Thanks Guys - you have confirmed my views. Here's hoping for a long hot summer.