Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: iPhone shot of Cinnamon Teal

Real Name
    Bud Ralston

iPhone shot of Cinnamon Teal

Not National Geographic material but not too bad for a shot right out of my iPhone with no PP other than a crop.

iPhone shot of Cinnamon Teal

Real Name
    Paul

Re: iPhone shot of Cinnamon Teal

I would say pretty darn good for a cell phone shot. Do you have a lot of Cinnamon Teal? We had two all last year and only for about 3 days. lol

Real Name
    Monte Comeau

Is this your image? The EXIF info says F8|1/1250|ISO 500|400mm|Canon|Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Unless my EXIF reader is confused

Real Name
    Bud Ralston

I am sincerely embarrassed. I now realize this photo was on my phone and I hadn't seen it for awhile so assumed I had shot it. I thought it was too good for an iPhone. The EXIF data is correct. I should have checked before posting. I obviously did not do so. The photo was shot by one of my shooting pals, Andy Knorr. He's has a bunch of new Canon gear and is just learning to use it to its capabilities. My bad. I would never intentionally take credit for another's work.

To answer Paul's question, I am having a short visit to Northern California where I was able to get in a couple days shooting at Merced and Sacramento NWRs. Not many birds this time of year, mostly Northern Shovelers and Coots. There have been a smattering of Cinnamon Teal at both locales. I have quite a few shots of mated pairs. Hence my mistake.

I'm going to swing by Sacramento NWR on my way back to the Bay Area early tomorrow morning and back to Hawaii on Tuesday.

Once again, please accept my deepest apologies. I will let Andy know of my screw up.