Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Painted landscape

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Painted landscape

Up early, was testing the lighting conditions, handheld at 16000 (yup, 3 zeros). Moonlight (and it's less than a quarter). So, challenging conditions - but just a test shot - may do more.
    25s (handheld), f5.
    Quite like it. No particular definition (as if there could be) and has a very soft feel to it.
    (Lots more as sun rose - will post when processed).
    Graham
    C&C welcome
    Painted landscape

Real Name
    Louise

Re: Painted landscape

Hello Graham, with such a view, may I suggest a tripod and a long exposition with the camera set to "Bulb". I have tryed this setting with lightpainting and it worked well. I am not sure how long you would have to wait for a quarter moon.

Real Name
    Shane

I like this Graham and will look forward to seeing more from the shoot. It has a very impressionistic/dreamy feel and it is a project that I would enjoy watching you develop and work through to see what comes of it.

Real Name
    Kevin

I like it very much, Graham. Perhaps with a little less foreground, but it is a very creative effect amd well worth exploring.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Quote Originally Posted by wlou View Post
    Hello Graham, with such a view, may I suggest a tripod and a long exposition with the camera set to "Bulb". I have tryed this setting with lightpainting and it worked well. I am not sure how long you would have to wait for a quarter moon.
    Hi Louise,
    As I said, merely testing the light conditions. As the sun came up, I got out my kit to play properly. However, not playing properly (in this case) gave an interesting result. Now processing the other pics (with tripod and remote release - no mirror shut-up to worry about). More as I get them.
    Graham

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneS View Post
    I like this Graham and will look forward to seeing more from the shoot. It has a very impressionistic/dreamy feel and it is a project that I would enjoy watching you develop and work through to see what comes of it.
    Hi Shane,
    You see what I saw in it, very painterly (hey - impressionistic, a new word for the day).
    I had the camera pulled against my hip and stood as still as possible for 25 seconds. I spent another 2.5 hours the after sun came up (very quickly, golden hour lasts for but a few minutes).
    Graham

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Another later the same day.
    2s, f18, iso50 (to get the slightly smoothed water). Tripod.
    C&C welcome.
    Graham
    Painted landscape

Real Name
    Graham Heron

And a couple more from the beach.
    It was great to be able to take my time and work the scene from so many angles.
    Graham
    From the shore
    Painted landscape
    From the water
    Painted landscape

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Another one from the same locale.
    On one side of the beach there is the Caribbean Sea, on the other side is a lagoon (fed by rainfall and high tide).
    Currently quite dry so lots of textured, dried mud and algal mats. Love the differing textures and colours.
    Lucky enough to get a good sky as well.

Two main problems - the surface is NOT stable (easy to break through) and it smells.
    I wonder if you can guess how I found out about these two problems ???
    Nevertheless, beautiful place to photograph. Only the rising sun (heat) and other appointments drew me away.

Graham

Lagoon
    Painted landscape