Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tryout

Real Name
    Claudio

Tryout

Hi all..this is my first week of photography..ever..and i'm just trying new things... I'm just putting this on to see if it works and what quality comes out. I did some work on the pic to..which i don't think is recommended right?
    Can anyone help me by telling me what size in pixels an image should be that will be uploaded for this site?As i say..im pretty new to all this,and i wont lie.. image size..dimensions..all this difference has really got the better of me..especially if i want to upload to a site like this or actually print images. What is the norm? Your help is appreciated.

Tryout
    Last edited by ClaudioG; 6th March 2013 at 05:52 AM.

Real Name
    Claudio

Re: Tryout

oi..looks like i need a tripod too!!! LOL

Real Name
    Grahame

Hi, If you post images up to 1599 pixel width using the 'Tiny pic' procedure they will not be downsized with the chance of losing quality. Further detailed info is available under the FAQ section heading.

As for the comment for needing a tripod not sure if your reasoning is based on this pic as the sharpness is very good.

Grahame

Real Name
    Claudio

Hi Grahame..thanks a million...will keep that in mind. Yeh sorry i actually posted another image previously then decided to change the image to this one. I will check out the other info to.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Hi there, and welcome. I'm not sure you need a tripod, the image is sharp at the focal point and blurred in the back ground due to the aperture setting (I think). I like the texture and lines of this shot and the tight composition. The question is what were hoping to achieve? Also it is good to post your ISO, F: stop and Depth of Field (DoF) as this will give member a chance to see where you may improve. Keep posting and you will undoubtedly improve as I have from the feedback which you will get.

Real Name
    Claudio

Hi WJT..thanks for the advice..will now always put down how i took the shot. I just saw that somehow shadows worked well in the image and i like how sharp the edges of the chair are compaired to the smoothness or "feel" the actual flat of the chair had. I was trying to make it more of and abstract feel..more about the textures than the actual chair. I'm putting the original here..maybe u could suggest a better way of cropping the image.. i did zoom in and crop on the image..which isn't a good idea right? Thanks for your advice again.
    PS : I have PS Elements and just sort of touched up the sharpness..is working with images recommended? or does it all depend on what you yourself are trying to achieve?

Tryout

Nikon D5100 35mm SS 1/400, ISO 200, F:1,8

Real Name
    Claudio

Also i'm sorry..i know this was supposed to be portraits here..i did start with one but got rid of it, felt uncomfortable with the image.

My apologies to all.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Morning Claudio,
    Nice portrait of the chair, love the textured light (perhaps horizontal blinds behind nets). Works very well with the lines of the chair.
    Looking forward to seeing your other work.
    Graham

Real Name
    Claudio

Thank you Graham...yeh....the Photography bug has really bitten me

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioG View Post
    Hi WJT..thanks for the advice..will now always put down how i took the shot. I just saw that somehow shadows worked well in the image and i like how sharp the edges of the chair are compaired to the smoothness or "feel" the actual flat of the chair had. I was trying to make it more of and abstract feel..more about the textures than the actual chair. I'm putting the original here..maybe u could suggest a better way of cropping the image.. i did zoom in and crop on the image..which isn't a good idea right? Thanks for your advice again.
    PS : I have PS Elements and just sort of touched up the sharpness..is working with images recommended? or does it all depend on what you yourself are trying to achieve?

Tryout

Nikon D5100 35mm SS 1/400, ISO 200, F:1,8
    Hi Claudio, I am unsure if this is your first or second name. If you can put your preferred name to be called in your profile that would be good. I like the original composition as there are some great shadows and lines. It's all about what you want at the end of the day and members feedback is sometimes technical and other time more opinion based. I like that you have used a larger aperture setting nd picked a focal point. It highlights the part of the picture which you wanted to. Its a nice shot and I will look forward to more.

Real Name
    Claudio

Thank Wayne...yeh my first name is Claudio. I want to post a new image of one of our pets..i put her in B&W.. maybe u can help me out on that one to?

Thanks for your kind comments and advice.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioG View Post
    Thank Wayne...yeh my first name is Claudio. I want to post a new image of one of our pets..i put her in B&W.. maybe u can help me out on that one to?

Thanks for your kind comments and advice.
    No worries, I'm off to Indonesia in a few days so may not be online but keep posting and there will be plenty of members to offer their thoughts.