Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Quiet morning..

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quiet morning..

This morning, I reconsidered not to go to the Gardens by the Bay again. I thought this time I can drive my buddy to this place for sunrise and birds photography as agreed earlier unfortunately he chicken-out on last minutes when I rang him at 5:30 hrs this morning and about to start my car engine to pick him up. It was quite frustrating . I have no other choice and carry-on shooting but I decided to shoot at my regular seaside near by my house (about 1.5km distance). This morning weather was cloudy yet not raining. The following is one of my shot I wish to share with all members out there. Your c & c would be helpful and appreciated:

Quiet morning..

Camera setting:
    EOS 5DII + EF17-40 f/4L Ultra wide-angle lens, ISO: 125, Exposure Program: Aperture priority, F-Stop: F/8, Shutter Speed: 1/80 sec, Focal length: 38mm, Filter: Hitech ND9.0 Reverse Graduate, Tripod, Shutter cable release, Time: 8.17 am.
    Last edited by Walj; 3rd March 2013 at 08:06 AM.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Quiet morning..

Nice image, Walad. It could use a slight clockwise rotation however. It runs down hill to the left.

As far as I can see, when viewed at full screen size, the slight rotation is just an optical effect. The top rail on the pier is level. Probably a result of having some large 'blocks' of buildings on the right and nothing on the left.

My only suggestion for alteration is that the dividing line between sky and pier is halfway, vertically speaking. I would prefer either one to be slightly more dominant.

Probably, I would slightly crop the foreground and left side. But reducing the sky and left side is a valid alternative.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Hi Paul and Geoff,

Hope you guys had a good weekend!

@Paul: Thanks for viewing and your valuable comments. Really! I appreciate it very much.

@Geoff: Your are right! The pier is the one that caused people confused. I should have cropped the foreground and left side slightly. I forgot about it. I only realized after I put in the frame and watermark. Hehehe...

Real Name
    james

I love a quiet morning with my camera... some of my best outings where when others cancelled out last minute. Images like that make me want a wide angle lens. Does anybody know what wide angle lens will work good with my little t2i cropped sensor?

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    I love a quiet morning with my camera... some of my best outings where when others cancelled out last minute. Images like that make me want a wide angle lens. Does anybody know what wide angle lens will work good with my little t2i cropped sensor?
    how about Nikon 14-24 but you got to get a right adaptor for canon. it's my dream lens..

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Hello, Walad. I thought you had eaten some pong fruits, thinking they were guava ! Glad you´re back, though.

Regarding your image, it is nice and does convey a sense of a quiet morning. The only thing that bothers me is the centrally positioned horizon line! I would try cropping the 15% of the botton, just close to the river's edge.

Regards!

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Otavio View Post
    Hello, Walad. I thought you had eaten some pong fruits, thinking they were guava ! Glad you´re back, though.

Regarding your image, it is nice and does convey a sense of a quiet morning. The only thing that bothers me is the centrally positioned horizon line! I would try cropping the 15% of the botton, just close to the river's edge.

Regards!
    Hahaha.. I cannot anyhow eating that pong-pong fruits as my kids are still very young and need me very much..

I will try to crop and improve the image then..

How was your weekend mannn...?

Thanks for viewing and your valuable comments
    Last edited by Walj; 4th March 2013 at 06:19 AM.