Couple from the back yard

Thanks for viewing.

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Couple from the back yard

Beautiful little things you caught. Well done.

Real Name
    Paul

Good set, James. Aren't those Nuthatches a pain! lol They are quick and don't hang out long.

Real Name
    james

Thanks Bobo, Paul I think I was shooting 1/2000th a sec and still got some motion blur in him. I basically posted these because I have been trying out a program called neat image. It is a noise filter I am trying to find the fine line between noise and loss of detail. Anybody familiar with that program?

Real Name
    Bobo

I think there is a thread about neat image settings etc in the discussion sections.

Edit -

Found it
    Neat Image, a simple workflow
    Last edited by Bobobird; 26th February 2013 at 05:33 AM.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    Thanks Bobo, Paul I think I was shooting 1/2000th a sec and still got some motion blur in him. I basically posted these because I have been trying out a program called neat image. It is a noise filter I am trying to find the fine line between noise and loss of detail. Anybody familiar with that program?
    I started using it a few weeks ago. I usually get the "clipping" message when I try to expand the target area.

Real Name
    Joe

I like them James, good work. I keep trying to photograph birds around the house but by the time I get into position they are gone.

Real Name
    Orlando

Nice capture James!

Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    I like them James, good work. I keep trying to photograph birds around the house but by the time I get into position they are gone.
    Joe,
    The smaller birds move constantly as they don't want to be someone breakfast guest. What I learned from shooting them is that you need to be in one steady position. If you run inside to get your camera, you startled them and by the time you're back, they are gone. Also, the smaller they are, the more they move.

Birds are very curious and if you stay in one spot especially in one they frequent often, you'll see them looking at you! I think if they could hold tiny little camera's they'd be taking pictures of us!
    Once they sense you're not going to eat them, they'll start to come out of their hiding. Take very slow movements when you raise your camera. I try to keep my camera close to my eye but this can be very tiring. I once stood on one spot for over a half hour just to capture one tiny little warbler. Didn't get a good shot and my arms was sore afterwards. I'll have to try it again this spring and bring my new mono-pod. I put a ball-head on it so that I can move it around. I know where he/she lives!

Real Name
    Terri

These are great! I especially like the Tufted Titmouse.

Real Name
    mark

Great shots James!

I am trying a new approach on my back yard birds. I bought a chair and will place it in a strategic location. the plan is plan is sitting in it often enough for the local birds to get used to me and my moving around.

Real Name
    Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by mknittle View Post
    I bought a chair and will place it in a strategic location.
    Get a bird feeder also! Best time to sit around is mornings. I sat in my car which close to my feeder and shot away.

Real Name
    james

lol I sit about 14 feet from my feeder. I have a 4ft by 4ft plywood which I lean against my mower, a small stool, and set my tripod up pointing towards 2 well placed perches. I put my perches about 3 yards from feeder. the birds use them as rest stops. I will place the plywood up then come sit behind it 20 minutes later the birds get used to quickly. I used to sit on my mower and hand hold, but I find the hide much more effective .