Thread: Half Happy 1 and 2

Real Name
    Nigel

Half Happy 1 and 2

Hi. I would be interested in some feedback on how these are coming off please. I am very happy with them when I compare them to ones I posted here a few weeks back.

But as always, I am always looking to learn more and I am always critiquing my own work, but I would like some other comments from the floor.

Kind regards in advance.

Oh, this is my daughter by the way. I really wanted to get some fun pictures and get in there up and close with the lens.

Canon EOS 400D
    Standard 18 - 55mm lens (pre IS)
    3 Strobe lights used, with one (un-defused) dedicated just to the back of the white paper backdrop.

(Grey Card Lovers) Grey used. White balance all set in Light Room 3.

Developed in Light Room 3.

(Watermark haters - please ignore image 3 - It slipped in there)

Clearly, image 1 and 2 were taken and cropped from the same image. I tried out just to see how it would look to chop the face in half. What are the thoughts?

Image 3 - Hair in eye and facing towards my fill light rather than my main. Does this cause an issue? Maybe a little extra shadows on the face?

Half Happy 1 and 2

Half Happy 1 and 2

Half Happy 1 and 2

Good day!

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Half Happy 1 and 2

I like these photos very much. Bruce

Real Name
    Andrew

Excellent shots Nigel. I think your lighting, and white balance are smack on. Very creative of you too - I can't wait until mine are just a little bit older - seems like your daughter cooperates a little more willingly than mine. Trying to get a group shot of my kids is just about on par with trying to herd cats.

Very well done!

Real Name
    Nigel

haha Andrew, yes but at least you did manage to get a nice group shot of your children. I do actually have another child, 8 year old lad who on his owns, loves to model for me but when with his sister, all he wants to do is fart on her.

lol..but cheers for your comments. If you don't have a grey card, I really would grab one. It has helped me massively with the white balance.

I was just in her face, making her laugh and whatever I could think of. You know, just being silly but making her laugh and shooting like a man possessed, giving her encouragement. It felt odd because as stated, I am new to this but I think the fun factor does show through in the end. I got loads but only developed a few.

Thanks again for your comments.

Real Name
    John

Very nice.