Thread: lacecap hydrangeas

Real Name
    Tom

lacecap hydrangeas

lacecap hydrangeas

Real Name
    Shane

Re: lacecap hydrangeas

Tom, this is a beautiful image. I find the colors are very calming and just love a well executed flower image. You just gave me a couple of things to aspire to - capturing an image like this and learning the names of the various flowers that I like to shoot because they are pretty

Real Name
    Lon Howard

Very good composition; and well handled contrast considering that the large green leaf in the foreground is the same color as the background. Nicely done.

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneS View Post
    Tom, this is a beautiful image. I find the colors are very calming and just love a well executed flower image. You just gave me a couple of things to aspire to - capturing an image like this and learning the names of the various flowers that I like to shoot because they are pretty .

Thank you, comments like this are nice to hear. I would be interested in seeing what you are aspiring to.

Do I see you use a Nikon D40x? That's what I used for the photo posted here. How do you like it? Are you comfortable with it? I find mine easy to use but lacking in few areas. Might be time to upgrade.
    Last edited by TomM; 22nd February 2013 at 04:31 AM.

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Lon Howard View Post
    Very good composition; and well handled contrast considering that the large green leaf in the foreground is the same color as the background. Nicely done.
    Thank You, These comments are alway nice to hear.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Not much more to be said I like it - simple, sharp, subtle, serene.

Real Name
    Shane

Do I see you use a Nikon D40x? That's what I used for the photo posted here. How do you like it? Are you comfortable with it? I find mine easy to use but lacking in few areas. Might be time to upgrade.
    Tom, I do use the D40X with kit lenses (18-55mm & 55-200mm). There is a part of me that wants to upgrade to a better body but I think that I might get more our of better/faster glass but I am a bit torn at the moment. My thinking is that since I don't print/enlarge a lot and don't think that I want to invest in a full frame camera anytime soon that a new lens might be the way to go and I am looking at a 50mm prime and planning on renting one soon to test it out. What are your thoughts/reasoning on whether to upgrade or not? Do you use kit lenses or have you invested in others?

As far as my journey through serious photography I am very much on the low side of the learning curve in a lot of areas and hope with practice that I will improve. I like to photograph nature and I also find architecture very interesting but haven't had much success in that department as of yet.

I post some of my attempts here for critique and have found folks very helpful and encouraging. Here is one of a Bougainvillea that I am working on currently Flower Challenges

Real Name
    Alfred Forns

Like the image Tom Well composed, exposed and like the plane. Would not worry about the camera unless you were doing/needing high frame rate for action, best spending money on glass !!!