Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: D90 viewfinder display repair, from Cambridge

D90 viewfinder display repair, from Cambridge

Hello.

I fell on my D90 (Ow!) when it was snowy a couple of weeks ago, and since then the whole viewfinder status display (shutter speed, aperture, focus indication etc) is all stuck on. Otherwise camera appears to work fine.

Apparently not an uncommon failure mode.

Any suggestions as to where I might get it fixed ? Whether it's worth fixing ?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: D90 viewfinder display repair, from Cambridge

Worth fixing? That really is only a question you can answer. You pretty well have to ship it back to Nikon for repair work.

Real Name
    John

Re: D90 viewfinder display repair, from Cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by jejv View Post
    Hello.

I fell on my D90 (Ow!) when it was snowy a couple of weeks ago, and since then the whole viewfinder status display (shutter speed, aperture, focus indication etc) is all stuck on. Otherwise camera appears to work fine.

Apparently not an uncommon failure mode.

Any suggestions as to where I might get it fixed ? Whether it's worth fixing ?
    I assume you are based in Cambridge UK and if so you might try giving Fixation a call. http://www.fixationuk.com/Fixation/F...0-%20Home.html They were suggested to me some years ago when I had a Canon fault and are a qualified Nikon repair centre also. That was some time ago but I think they are still in business.