Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fireworks thread - add yours here

Fireworks thread - add yours here

Looking back over my first pictures I came across these taken in 2006 when I borrowed my friends camera and then bought his 20d. Taking these gave me a new hobby over night and these days whilst I mainly take birds of prey shots, these early days taught me a lot. I hope you enjoy looking at them and maybe are inspired to take some. maybe we could have a Fireworks thread for people to share what they have taken around the world.

https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/fo...php?albumid=28

Other members are welcome to post their firework images in this thread, or add links to their own firework galleries.

"Light blue touch paper and retire ...."
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 4th November 2009 at 02:17 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Bewdley Fireworks

Thanks Rod,

I did enjoy them (and thought they were good).

There is nothing to stop people adding their fireworks shots to this thread, I (or you) can always change the thread (first post) title to something like "Fireworks thread - add yours here"

Let me know if you'd like me to do this.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Bewdley Fireworks

I love these images. I am looking forward to trying some out tomorrow night when we scare the living daylight out of the kids with some fireworks under the auspices of being for them, whilst satisfying the adults' pyromaniac tendancies.

Can anyone give me some hints on camera settings please?

Fireworks thread - add yours here

Can anyone give me some hints on camera settings please?
    Hi Steve I was playing around but found 15 sec exposure and 32f the best combination for that display. I was also trying 29-36f and 15-30 sec with 49-167mm the best around 80mm. My suggestion is to start somewhere with the above and then play around. I had a good tripod and a large flask of coffee! I was way back behind the crowds and trying to get away from bright lights etc so the sky was as dark as possible. have fun.

There is nothing to stop people adding their fireworks shots to this thread, I (or you) can always change the thread (first post) title to something like "Fireworks thread - add yours here"
    Hi Dave, yes that sounds great to change the thread and have others post their pictures.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 4th November 2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: change Post Title so it carries forward

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Fireworks thread - add yours here

Thanks Rod. I take it that was in full manual mode?
    Manual focus on infinity?
    Can I ask what ISO please?

Many Thanks

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Rod,

Thanks and "Job done" - didn't take long as you can see

Steve,

I'm thinking that, unles you have a very large garden, you are liable to be too close to photograph from your own property. Rockets tend not to look so good from directly below
    (and the smoke will get in the way)

Cheers,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 4th November 2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: add smokin' comment

Real Name
    Steve

Good point Dave. Hopefully I will just take the opportunity to play around with the settings and then maybe get some better shots from other peoples fireworks at the weekend.

Hi Steve

if memory is correct yes to manual and infinity. The iso was 100. To add to my previous comments and Dave's, it is important to have a clear view of the sky with as little contaminations as possible. Fire, smoke, street lighting all add to the mess in the air which can haze or cause problems. I am sure you could still get some amazing trails etc close up, have a go and post one for us to see.