Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Orchid Flowers - tropical flower

Orchid Flowers - tropical flower

Friends,

This close-up shot was taken in my office. I appreciate comments.

Thanks

Ck See
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Ian

Re: Orchid Flowers - tropical flower

I love photographing orchids as they are fascinating with lots of textures and very patient, as the flowers last weeks, not days unlike some other types.

Hence it is quite possible to keep refining shots over a number of days (and weeks) to get it right. Equally, with being suitable for indoor growth, they can be set in reasonable still, controlled positions and the lighting adjusted accordingly.

I would try and get a slightly lower angle on your example to exclude the leaf and ensure a reasonably even background of neutral colour. Equally because it is rather vertical it looks like you have been forced to crop off the top? Which looks a bit unnatural.

If you have a close up lens or attachment, get in close to the flower, but bear in mind that the depth of field will fall off quickly under most lighting conditions / apertures, if getting in really close. In some respects you want this, but not exclude stamen and petal details etc.

Post a few more examples, if you have time.

except the the vibrant color purple this pic lacks interest from all angles.........composition,focus all need improvement you need to spend a lot more time in studying your subject before clicking

Hi friends,

Your comments are taken seriously and I will try to improve on my focussing and composition.

Thanks

CKSee

Real Name
    Ian

Delicate Beauty

Another Orchid....
    Last edited by shreds; 8th April 2009 at 05:15 PM.