Thread: Raw & JPEG file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share

Real Name
    Sachin

Raw & JPEG file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share

Last year I visited India from Kashamir to kanyakumari and its really beautiful experience. I share two file, please edit these photos and share your creative view.

Himalay(JPEG) - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5pvznizt4rfg4db

Keral(RAW)- http://www.mediafire.com/?c8i53uld5djp6tq

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Raw & JPEG file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share

I will have a go later - I'll use the seniors excuse but I feel a bit bit sad for those do not want to admit to being either.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Re: Raw & JPEG file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share

Good evening Sachin,
    Funny enough I was thinking about creativity today, but that's a good place to start another thread, rather than hijack this one.
    Here's a quickie on your first image - Himalaya. Several versions, but basically increasing contrast be it global (1st) or local (2nd), and of course BW.
    Graham
    Original file blended x2 with soft light blending mode.
    Raw & JPEG  file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share
    Local contrast (dodging and burning the mountains) to reduce the haze.
    and a BW version (scenic preset in PSE 10)

Real Name
    Paul

Nothing special or creative just adjusted them and cropped to my preference.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

And the Keral image.
    Very nice image this one, love the overall composition, very little done to it other than crop.
    Graham

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Hi L. Paul,
    You beat me to it. Love the way we both cropped the second one almost identically and cleaned up the stray palm leaves.
    Graham
    You can be the great mind, I'll be the other.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    Hi L. Paul,
    You beat me to it. Love the way we both cropped the second one almost identically and cleaned up the stray palm leaves.
    Graham
    You can be the great mind, I'll be the other.
    Just like to clarify one thing how do you qualify to do this, by being creative or senior? Your welcome to a great mind I would prefer the money.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    Just like to clarify one thing how do you qualify to do this, by being creative or senior? Your welcome to a great mind I would prefer the money.
    As great minds think alike and fools seldom differ - we eventually got to the same result. No money involved.
    I'm not sure what creativity is, so I may or may not qualify under that aspect.
    Senior - well, that can refer to a certain school age or of a certain advancing years. Alternately, assuming it is of retirement age, I have just passed minimum retirement age in a few countries.

Graham

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    As great minds think alike and fools seldom differ - we eventually got to the same result. No money involved.
    I'm not sure what creativity is, so I may or may not qualify under that aspect.
    Senior - well, that can refer to a certain school age or of a certain advancing years. Alternately, assuming it is of retirement age, I have just passed minimum retirement age in a few countries.

Graham
    No use retiring those countries they are going bankrupt. Stay where you are and wait - it is supprising how quickly it happens.

Real Name
    Chris

Hi Sachin, there are two difficulties with your 'Himalaya' picture : the 3 sharply separated planes (foreground, middleground, background) which don't interact, and the 'human interest' being reduced to such minute proportions in the foreground. It seemed to me it works best if you compress the 3 planes by cropping out some of the foreground, and create a slightly threatening tone by not only increasing the contrast but darkening the whole image. I tried treating fore, middle, and background separately, didn't work for me.
    FWIW :

I love the Himalayas, Kulu Manali is GREAT !.

C.

Real Name
    Sachin

Thanks friends,

Chris, this is the main part of himalaya photo which you observe, If you visited Himalay vally then you know how its difficult to find Ice with green grass, but at this place you get all grass, big tress and Ice on mountain also " the 3 sharply separated planes (foreground, middleground, background)" and I want to see how experts edit this photo because I am not good in editing.

Hi Sachin.
    Not like other experts but I tried with my canon software.

Real Name
    J stands for John

My reaction to the photo was "where is the mountain top and sky" You seem to have one and a half photos ... the lower pasture and trees then mountain sans sky. You shot with a telephoto lens, I guess to bring the people closer, when if it was possible you should have got closer to at least one of the people so that they filled the screen and acted as a linkl between the different parts of the picture. I'm not that good at drawing, why I took up photography, but I hope the sketch gives you the idea of what I would be looking for. Getting down close to the ground with a normal lens can compress and bring things closer and get the 'complete' picture with sky.
    Raw & JPEG  file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share By getting down I brought the building closer by hiding the foreground. The guy was a Russian seaman who decided he wanted to be in my photo [1995 B&W days]Raw & JPEG  file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share
    Last edited by jcuknz; 19th February 2013 at 07:46 PM.

Real Name
    J stands for John

Thinking further and 'playing' .... this is the sort of shot I would be looking for though from this distance one doesn't know what is posssible for you at the location. The loss of definition means it is not an editing possibility but would have had to be done in-camera.Raw & JPEG  file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share

Real Name
    Larry Saideman

I gave the second one a try. Since I was going to have at it, I thought I would not hold back. So, I got rid of all the wires. I had to clone out the trees, too as I made a tight crop as well:

[IMG]Raw & JPEG  file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share[/IMG]

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jcuknz View Post
    Thinking further and 'playing' .... this is the sort of shot I would be looking for though from this distance one doesn't know what is posssible for you at the location. The loss of definition means it is not an editing possibility but would have had to be done in-camera.Raw & JPEG  file for creative peoples & seniors .... Please change it & share
    You are absolutely correct in that there is no dominant subject and something along the lines you propose would have been an improvement.

Real Name
    Larry Saideman

I am not sure I get the point of this thread. The op offered his images for a group processing effort but has not replied to anyone's efforts--as far as I know. I would think that at least a 'thanks for the work' would be appropriate.

Real Name
    Sachin

Hi Friends,

Really thanks for your reply and views.
    Really sorry for replying so late, my grandfather is admitted in hospital so not get time to check and reply.

Once again Thanks.