Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Summer kite

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Summer kite

Thanks to the northern hemisphere members for lending us the sun. The neighbours below us on the hill were flying a kite so I took a photo to contrast with some of the winter shots I have seen recently. Normally the farmland is green but we are having a bit of a drought at the moment.

Mainly for your interest or hope if you are surrounded by snow but C&C welcome.

Summer kite

Real Name
    randy

Re: Summer kite

Thank you for reminding us of that which we are deficient!! It's not so bad though, at least we can walk on water and this weekend we have the eelpout festival with such exciting events, like frozen eelpout curling, bikini bullriding, and eelpout beauty contests.

Ideally, I think I would like to see the kite a little bit further to the left; and/or heading in the opposite direction.

There are two main elements to the scene, the kite and the distant headland. At the moment they aren't 'connected' as one scene. And the kite is heading 'out of the picture.'

But you probably couldn't do much differently at the time of shooting.

Everything else seems OK to me.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by rtbaum View Post
    Thank you for reminding us of that which we are deficient!! It's not so bad though, at least we can walk on water and this weekend we have the eelpout festival with such exciting events, like frozen eelpout curling, bikini bullriding, and eelpout beauty contests.
    Learn something new every day. I assumed an eelpout was a sort of eel but I had to google it to make sure - becareful they can grow big and if you are in a bikini be very very careful.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Ideally, I think I would like to see the kite a little bit further to the left; and/or heading in the opposite direction.

There are two main elements to the scene, the kite and the distant headland. At the moment they aren't 'connected' as one scene. And the kite is heading 'out of the picture.'

But you probably couldn't do much differently at the time of shooting.

Everything else seems OK to me.
    Yes I knew the kite(wind) was not being cooperative but I took the shot for the neighbours and they would be offended if I turned it around in photoshop. Most of the time the kite was much higher in the sky and the composition would have been even worse.

Thanks for your comment and I agree.

Real Name
    Paul

Geoff, I have turned the kite around but because of the line I did not move it much. I was not going to bother but decided that I would not be happy until I had.

Summer kite

Yes, the whole scene is nicely 'joined together' now.