Thread: Sunrise

Real Name
    Michael

Sunrise

Sunrise

So I start with this.

It's my first time, offering one of my pics for scrutiny of anyone other than wife and kids.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Sunrise

Micheal: very good effort, it is really hard to shoot into the sun unless you are using filters. That can get a bit expensive when starting out. The only suggestion I can give would have been if possibel to have taken the shot before the sun rose over the horizion, thus getting more of the sky and removing almost all the the forground. As the subject here is really the colours in the sky and not the sun to my way of thinking. Again a very good effort on a hard subject to shoot.

Cheers:

Allan

I would crop closer at the bottom. Reduce the dark area by half and a similar amount from the right side.

Otherwise good for me, particularly as it is a directly towards the sun shot.

Real Name
    Michael

I did crop it The Aftermath, but I think I over did it.

Real Name
    Monte Comeau

Good eye for seeing the potential of a great shot here.
    I would like to see this zoomed in on the tree much more, the top half of the frame really adds nothing to the overall composition. I think that would have given a spectacular image. I think I see a large bird about to land in the branches that would have added another element to it. And like Alan mentioned, if the shot was taken about 10 minutes earlier this would have made the world of difference.
    Nice image to look at. Keep posting and sharing.