Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

Real Name
    Graham

Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

Hi,
    I think this falls into the category of All Other Photography.

I went to view an exhibition by Anish Kapoor which is currently on in Sydney. His work challenges the senses. You think you are looking at something and then when you move view point you are looking at something else, say a deep recess rather than a solid disc. I have tried to capture some of the excitement of this.

I am concerned about posting images of an artists work; but it seems justified to share this man's work.

No flash photography but these were all taken at ISO 800 without flash.

When I am Pregnant Anish Kapoor view 1.... I had great trouble focusing on this I could have done with auto focus. Open it in lightbox and let it emerge. There is an image.

Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

When I am Pregnant Anish Kapoor view 2

Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

At first I thought this was a solid object but standing in front of it and talking gave the clue that it is a deep dish. This is colour and light at the extremes of perception.

Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

Anish Kapoor - S Curve

Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

Anish Kapoor - red filter not sure of the title.

Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

Anish Kapoor - is it a ball or a dish or a disc?

Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

I don't know if I have done these justice but I don't think you can appreciate the work without interacting with in some way.

Graham

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

Interesting, very interesting. Thanks for sharing these Graham.

Funny thing is this - when one is known and famous one can get away with this kind of work and people call you a genius. If I was to take this kind of shot, it might generate a polite "errrr, ok, interesting, nice" or 2 and then quickly disappear to page 2.

Real Name
    Graham

Re: Sculpture -Anish Kapoor

I can't even begin to describe how engaging these were to a photographer's eye. Unfortunately the images online show up about half a tone lighter than on my laptop where I processed them, and that is enough to change the effect some of the images. The first view of My Pregnancy loses some of the contrast, which gives it shape once you know what it is. The dark blue structure has just a little too much light shining off the inside which gives away its shape.
    Graham