Thread: Como Bridge B&W Film

Real Name
    Graham

Como Bridge B&W Film

This is shot from a Jetty on the Georges River looking across the marina towards the Railway Bridge. The first bridge is a 19th Century wrought iron bridge, now de-commisioned and converted to a footpath and cycleway, and the one behind it is a 20th century concrete bridge, which is supporting the train.
    Shot with 503CW 40mm EFL Distagon lens with red filter at f8 1/250th or therabouts, on Ilford XP2 Super, ISO400 B&W film. The negatives were scanned on an Epson V700 scanner.

The exposure was made by measuring the highlight in the clouds and over-exposing 2.5 stops, and allowing a further 2.5 stops for the filter. The shadows were checked measured at 4 stops below the highlight so no awkward decisions had to be made about devloping times.

Como Bridge B&W Film

Graham

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Como Bridge B&W Film

Graham for a scanned negative, that's very good quality. Nice contrast and clarity in this image - it's quite striking.

Dave

Real Name
    Graham

Re: Como Bridge B&W Film

Thanks Dave,
    I have been struggling with scanning for a long time. I finally found a guy in the US who runs a site and a business called BetterScanning.com and I bought a piece of anti-newton ring glass and a holder from him to hold the negative flat as it would have been in an enlarger. It has made all the difference, I just don't recognise my scans now. I have only had it for a few weeks and I have become enthusiastic.
    Graham