Thread: A glimpse of Serenity

Real Name
    Kingshuk Chatterjee

A glimpse of Serenity

I took this shot at Loleygaon, a small village I visited on the Himalayas.
    I concentrated on making a balanced and perfect frame first and then the lighting to be a bit off-colored.
    I think its one of the less-defective shots of mine, but I'd like to know any lacking you find in the picture. so please let me know the ways that lead to the betterment of this photo...

A glimpse of Serenity

Real Name
    Amlan Das

Re: A glimpse of Serenity

A freshers comment..Correct me if i am wrong
    1. You should stand back and cover the house more.(as a main object in your pic).
    2. Too many black area in the pic. It would have been better if you correct/lightening up the black areas(house, tree shadows on the street and left side also)

for me the overhead wires are a strong distraction as they take me from nowhere to nowere so perhaps the lack of a really strong focal point is a issue for you. the house seems to have all the potential for you to exploit but i have to agree that it is just too dark and it would most certainly be better if it had greater prominence.

This, Kingshuk, is one of those photos which breaks all the rules; but still works - or has the potential to look good.

The only real problem for me, is the amount of uninteresting road in the foreground. So I would reduce that slightly, but not too much. Then take a similar amount from the left side, or change the image size ratio.

Maybe a bit of clone would be needed as well as crop to remove any remaining branches in the top left corner.

There is a shadow on the left side which I would clone over.

I would prefer the wires to exit a bit more towards the top right but I'm not too concerned about this.

There is a bit too much dark shadow with the building, but that doesn't overly bother me.

Normally, I don't like adding a caption to a photo; but in this case, depending on the intended use, I don't find it to be a problem.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

This is not a bad composition for me.... i like the way in which the power lines vanish and leave the eyes nowhere. The bad thing is the dark shadow patch on the road and shade on building; i too feel including a bit more of the house would have worked; Regards

Real Name
    Kingshuk Chatterjee

thanks for all those suggestions. well, I surely need to give importance to editing, which at present I donot. Anyway, I like the electric lines..but yes, I understand the house should have been given more space, and also the the darkened parts create lackings. well, I'll try to do better next time.

Real Name
    Antonio

Hi Kingshuk, first of all the colours are not so brilliant ...just to be positive
    Than I can say that the composition has something strange: the wires that have not a particular position in the picture and the home has lost all details (surely it depends on a wrong exposition). From my point of view this pic doesn't give me any emotion. Maybe it's really important and impressive for you but i can't get nothing special (sorry for my direct way to answer).