Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

  1. #1
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,152
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    For your valued Opinions

    "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"


    Regards

  2. #2
    rpcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    12,478
    Real Name
    Richard

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    I really like the feeling of this image but, would probably crop it to just above the end of the water above the couple walking. I tend to "see" the couple better with that cropping...

  3. #3
    Moderator Dave Humphries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Berks, UK
    Posts
    16,071
    Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    I tend to agree with Richard

    perhaps you were thinking of the current composition being in 'thirds', but that top third that's all just shadow doesn't really contribute and if you go in tighter as Richard suggests, the bit of land they are walking (the name of it escapes me for the moment) is about on the lower third line and the sunlit patch is on the upper third, so I think it is fine like that.

    I may be mistaken, but I feel the need to rotate it anti clockwise.

    HTH,

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Devon, UK
    Posts
    11,360

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Yes, I would crop a little from the top and right side.

    The 'straight' lines towards the bottom do suggest a little rotation. But what is really level here?

  5. #5
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,152
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I really like the feeling of this image but, would probably crop it to just above the end of the water above the couple walking. I tend to "see" the couple better with that cropping...
    Thank you Richard very much; actually i tried that; but i felt that a bit choking; yet i think many would like this that way; i will post that also

    Regards

  6. #6
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,152
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    I tend to agree with Richard

    perhaps you were thinking of the current composition being in 'thirds', but that top third that's all just shadow doesn't really contribute and if you go in tighter as Richard suggests, the bit of land they are walking (the name of it escapes me for the moment) is about on the lower third line and the sunlit patch is on the upper third, so I think it is fine like that.

    I may be mistaken, but I feel the need to rotate it anti clockwise.

    HTH,
    Sir, i will post its cropped version; i have doubt; are you left handed? I am left handed by birth; but a right-hander by most practice; by the way the original orientation is this way......

    Thank you very much

  7. #7
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,152
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Yes, I would crop a little from the top and right side.

    The 'straight' lines towards the bottom do suggest a little rotation. But what is really level here?
    Thank you sir, i will post the trimmed version

  8. #8
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,152
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Here it is..... please compare

    "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Regards

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Devon, UK
    Posts
    11,360

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    That has removed the 'top heavy' appearance of the first version.

    If you wanted to, I suspect you could have gone just a little wider at the top and shown a narrow dark strip above their heads.

    Either way, this looks better to me.

  10. #10
    Otavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    2,454
    Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Hi Nandakumar. I agree with Geoff. A narrow dark strip on the top will make the image "stronger", in my opinion.

    Anyway, it a very nice image! Regards...

  11. #11
    zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    257

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Yes, your crop may be a bit too severe. Try cropping about half the dark band from the original image. Nice shot though.

    Zen

  12. #12
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,152
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    That has removed the 'top heavy' appearance of the first version.

    If you wanted to, I suspect you could have gone just a little wider at the top and shown a narrow dark strip above their heads.

    Either way, this looks better to me.
    Thank you very much Geoff

  13. #13
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,152
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Quote Originally Posted by Otavio View Post
    Hi Nandakumar. I agree with Geoff. A narrow dark strip on the top will make the image "stronger", in my opinion.

    Anyway, it a very nice image! Regards...
    Thank you very much Otavio

  14. #14
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,152
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: "Where ever You Go, I'll Follow You"

    Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    Yes, your crop may be a bit too severe. Try cropping about half the dark band from the original image. Nice shot though.

    Zen
    Thank you very much Zen; i got what you all suggest; it is genuine

    Regards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •