Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I present you with...

Real Name
    Bobo

I present you with...

A tree.

Actually half a tree.

Actually half a naked tree.

With Paul and others coming up with great shots of majestic trees, thought I might try my hand at it.

I could have presented the full tree but decided that half would be better for my health. With min. 70mm to work with I would have needed to step into a semi-iced lake to get the full shot. Have kept the other elements - lonely bench, winter, naked, etc. Have added snow and a lake horizon just to be a bit different.

Nowhere close to what those guys have done but I am reasonably happy with it (not that there was much choice with framing).

Thanks for looking.

I present you with...

Real Name
    Paul

Re: I present you with...

Can't go wrong with a weeping willow. Same kind in my fog image.
    Anyway...I like this image, Bobo. The snow works, although I am not so keen on the smaller tree. I am sure there was just no easy way to exclude it. I think you have done well.

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Paul.

The small one could have been excluded by moving a couple of feet to my right but thought the "running man" was worth keeping.

Real Name
    Paul

I think...maybe....the running man deserves his own image. This way you would have the best of both worlds...twice. That is a very poignant point to give some thought to as setting up your image. What is the image about? The tree and bench, I would guess. Nothing else need be in the image to distract from the subject. Less is more kinda thing. You have been doing much better with your non bird{landscape/nature} images as of late, so I am sure these where thoughts already had.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Think I'd maybe go with Paul. If you look at it without the small tree and the man (open it in Lightbox and move it so that they are off the edge of your screen) ........! Mmmm. I like it.

But, either way, it is a lovely tree and the shot does it justice.

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Paul, Donald.

It is not really someone running, that is just the shape of some small branches with dried leaves.

I get the point - less is more. Will try to improve how things are seen. Sometimes the old habits creep in.