Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: unusual shop front

Real Name
    Neil McAllister

unusual shop front

Taken today in The Strand,Cape Province,South Africa,using Nikon D3s,Nikkor 24-70mm lens,processed using Lightroom and converted to B&W using Silver EfexPro 2 which I have just started to use and am loving it.

unusual shop front

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: unusual shop front

That is definitely different!

A nice B & W conversion.

Am I right in thinking you've used 'Burn Edges' rather than 'Vignette'? If so, something worth experimenting with is the 'Transition' slider to avoid a hard edge on the burn. With 'Transition' you can get it to blend-in so that the end result is a much more subtle and not so obvious ... if that is the effect you want to achieve.

With 'Vignette', I also find that less is often more. Unless it it is what you really want for artistic reasons, going with a larger 'Amount' tends to make it very obvious. Whereas a lesser amount, but working it with the 'Circle/Rectangle' and 'Size' slider can often achieve a more subtle result.

Real Name
    Gary

We have a place in Auckland, NZ who have an old Russian MiG fighter Jet on their roof just like this helicopter.

Real Name
    Neil McAllister

Thanks for your reply Donald and Gary, also for the help with the editing I will give those controls a go.Cheers Neil