Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Tigers stole the show

Real Name
    Orlando

The Tigers stole the show

I went to the zoo this past weekend to shot some birds. I figured it was rather cold enough that many people would not show up. At 28f (-2c), most people won't venture out. I got my shots but my theory didn't work out as I expected. Good for the Zoo, but bad for the photographer. I had a couple of more hours before the superbowl, so I decided to see whats around. I didn't expect the animals to be so alive. During the summer they're just laying around. But at winter, they're pretty active. Who knew!
    Well the trip to get some good shots of birds turned out to be great shots of Tigers. I didn't know the Zoo had so many. Here's a few I shot.
    1. The Tigers stole the show
    The Tigers stole the show
    3.The Tigers stole the show
    4.The Tigers stole the show

The last one was a quick shot. Not as good as I wanted to take it. I had to zoom out quickly to try and get the Tiger closest to me without cutting off. Almost had it. I was surprised I was able to get good focus.

The point of it all is to pas the word out, that the Zoo is a great place to take photos no matter what time of year. The Tigers weren't the only ones moving around. There were a few migratory birds around and Polar bears playing with their toys amongst others.

Real Name
    mat

Re: The Tigers stole the show

Impressive beasts and some good shots, well worth a visit even at those temperatures !
    I can't help feeling sorry for them in all that snow, I'm sure it's not what they were designed for !!

Real Name
    randy

Re: The Tigers stole the show

Actually......Snow is exactly what they were designed for!!!