Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: To You...

Real Name
    Terry

To You...

In light of recent events I have needed to stick pretty close to home.

So I just did a fun set-up to see what I could come up with in the interim. I set it up in the kitchen and quickly realized I was in serious trouble when Lovely and Charming Bride got home (big mess), so moved to the garage! Please pardon the (bigger) mess!

Nothing groundbreaking, or that hasn’t already been done. Well, it hasn’t been done in that there are no two shots that are ever the same!

It was done with continuous halogens and as a project suggestion for a Friend who wants to do product shots with an easy and inexpensive DIY budget.

So as I fade into the Big Out There (work again), I pour a toast to the Forum, which is a True Inspiration, and to those who are looking to be Inspired and do well by folks like yourselves.

To You...

To You...

To You!

To You...

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: To You...

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    I set it up in the kitchen and quickly realized I was in serious trouble when Lovely and Charming Bride got home (big mess), so moved to the garage!
    Good choice! Better to have to do your photography rather than your sleeping in the garage.

to those who are looking to be Inspired
    I am gradually building up to doing this kind of photography. In fact, a good friend of mine has been begging me to make a shot of wine being poured into the glass. So, despite that I didn't need the inspiration to be motivated, your photo is definitely inspiring. You made it look like a fabulous illustration.

People who haven't tried this style of photography probably don't realize how difficult it can be to display all edges of the glass with such a clear back line. Exceptionally well done!

By the way, I have bookmarked your thread so I can review your setup from time to time. Thanks for sharing it.

Real Name
    Paul

Nicely done, Terry.

Real Name
    Matthew

Very clever set up, and great shot!

Real Name
    Jon

Inspiring...Indeed!! I. Must. Try. This.

Real Name
    Terry

I apologize for my lateness in responding! It bothers me to post and then not acknowledge and thank the folks who were good enough to take the time to comment.

I’ve been otherwise engaged for the last several days (read: receiving an unusually sound butt-kicking [Nemo, 30-40 ft seas, serious mechanical failures, and the usual day-to-day brushes with death])!

So thank you all for commenting.

Mike, just be sure to have the large tub below to catch all the wine spillage (you can tell I used food colored H2o by the viscosity) and have your friends over to help you “swill the spill”! I had plenty of spillage until I got my “pour” down!

To You...
    f/9, 1/2500, ISO 2000 (probably all overkill!)

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I really like the comic mishap in the second one. Very funny!

Real Name
    Allan Short

Terry: love the image, and the setup looks very interesting.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Susan

Thanks for posting this - I love the threads where folks show the set up for the shot and/or any PP steps. And the final outcome was great - very nicely done!