Thread: Bring on the waves...

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Bring on the waves...

She's got her game face on; can't beat winter in Florida!

Bring on the waves...

f/5.6, 1/1250, 16mm, ISO 100, 200Kb med. quality JPEG
    Last edited by PhotoRob; 1st February 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Real Name
    Shane

Re: Bring on the waves...

Robert;

She looks as if she is tying to figure out the optimal time and place to jump in and she's almost got it...I really like it.

Cropping out the building in the right might improve the focus on the girl (your lovely and energetic daughter?) IMHO.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

This photo engages me so much that it makes me want to know what happened two seconds later.

I agree that the building is a distraction but think you need at least half the space on the right. It would be really easy to clone the sky to remove the building.

Also draw an imaginary vertical line just in front of the girl. Notice that the brightness in the distant water pulls the viewer away from the girl and the water directly in front of her that she is so closely examining. Consider darkening that distant water to direct all attention to the proper area of the photo. To that end, you might also want to brighten the girl a bit.

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneS View Post
    Robert;

She looks as if she is tying to figure out the optimal time and place to jump in and she's almost got it...I really like it.

Cropping out the building in the right might improve the focus on the girl (your lovely and energetic daughter?) IMHO.
    Thanks Shane, appreciate the feedback, the next shot in this sequence is the 'splash', she was loving it. I'll see what I can do about that building; without it the scale gets a little messed up but I'll keep at it -

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    This photo engages me so much that it makes me want to know what happened two seconds later.

I agree that the building is a distraction but think you need at least half the space on the right. It would be really easy to clone the sky to remove the building.

Also draw an imaginary vertical line just in front of the girl. Notice that the brightness in the distant water pulls the viewer away from the girl and the water directly in front of her that she is so closely examining. Consider darkening that distant water to direct all attention to the proper area of the photo. To that end, you might also want to brighten the girl a bit.
    Great feedback Mike, I appreciate the details! I agree my pp skills need some work. When I yanked out the building the photo felt like it lost it's depth - will keep working on it...