Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Water Droplets

Real Name
    Krissy

Water Droplets

Hi there, I was playing around with my camera, which is still very intimidating as I have no clue what I'm doing! Is there a way to make the colors more vibrant? When I really try and focus on the droplet, it get's very blurry - any suggestions?

Thank you!

Water Droplets

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Water Droplets

Not half bad!

Let us know 2 things: 1). your preferred name so we can treat you like family (probably better than that actually 2). What software editing program are you using.

This looks to be SOOC. Looks like you could make this pop with a little increase in saturation, contrast, and sharpening (maybe a touch of exposure ,too)

Just keep doing what you already are. Carry that camera all over the place, and keep shooting any ole thing. It all starts to feel right in not much time at all. Welcome to CiC

Kevin

Real Name
    Krissy

Hi Kevin,

I just updated my profile a bit! I was wondering what a SOOC is? I don't have an editing program as of yet. I'm looking into getting Adobe Photoshop Elements 11, but for now I just take pictures and save to my computer. I'd love to be able to enhance my photos and I'm sure that's going to be another learning adventure! Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl444 View Post
    Hi there, I was playing around with my camera, which is still very intimidating as I have no clue what I'm doing! Welcome to CIC.

Water Droplets

Well just keep on in this vein and with help and advice that the great people at CIC extend you will soon know what you are doing and you will be" frighteningly awesome!" Nice shot.

Real Name
    Shane

Krissy;

Why not try Gimp? It is a free online editing program that lots of folks use. There are apparently a lot of good videos out there on how to use it as well. http://www.gimp.org/

I haven't used it but it might be something worth looking into as a few minor adjustments and a crop will give you something like this... (I hope that you don't mind me trying...I am still learning too and this was done in Photoshop CS5)

Water Droplets

Real Name
    Krissy

Thank you Ken, this seems like an amazing place to learn and everyone is so encouraging!

Shane, thanks for the info and the cool edit - I love it!