Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cyberlink PhotoDirector 3

Real Name
    Ron

Cyberlink PhotoDirector 3

If anyone is interested in this free software you will need to be quick

http://download.cnet.com/8301-32471_...otodirector-3/

I use Photoshop Elements but also use a lot of Cyberlink software products (video editing primarily) which I am very pleased with. This photo editing software may may be worth a look ... its the predecessor to their current version 4.

Re: Cyberlink PhotoDirector 3

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    If anyone is interested in this free software you will need to be quick
    I've managed to place an order (the price is right, £0.00!) and I can see the confirmation email via webmail but I can't use the download link right now though as I'm at work. I hope it's still 'live' when I get home in about 4 hours time. No matter if not, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ken
    I've got my download but not installed just yet and when I do I'll be watching carefully for any unwanted extra software that might be bundled with it
    Last edited by stuck; 1st February 2013 at 05:34 PM.

Real Name
    Dave

Thanks for the link, Ron.

Dave

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Just finished downloading. I was still on version 2.11, so it's an upgrade for me.
    Thanks for the link!

Real Name
    Ron

The download does not seem to be loaded with c... and it easily installs. It is an OEM version so you cannot get PhD3 'Updates' but you can of course spend $ to obtain version 4 at a reasonable price This free 3 version seems to include all the edits etc of the non OEM. YouTube has quite a few videos on how to use and a User Guide can also be downloaded direct from Cyberlink. There is also a guide within the Help of the programme.

Having had a 'play' for most of today I can confirm that it is very user friendly with some easy to use Adjustments and Edits. I think I will be taking advantage of both PhD3 and Photoshop Elements when editing some pictures ...

If you are interested the forum for this product is:
    http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/82.page

Happy Editing

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    Just finished downloading. I was still on version 2.11, so it's an upgrade for me.
    Thanks for the link!
    Hei Kris,
    The deeper I delve into PhD the more little snags I come across. Would be interested in how you consider it as an update from 2.11. A lot of easy to use tools though in both adjustments and edit and its a friendly interface. However, for most of my editing I use Elements and I think I will stay with it as my prime editor. Maybe the new PhD4 current release is an improvement on the free PhD3 ... will have to study this aspect because I use a lot of Cyberlink's software and its 'family' friendly. Easier on my ageing brain!

I get a lot of pics from overseas family and these often do not have EXIF. It seems that if an imported picture is not imported into PhD with its EXIF - in particular the Capture Date - then all such pics seem to get dumped together in 'name' order. Finding them at a later date can be a problem unless one uses tags etc since you don't seem to have a 'redate' facility. The only way I can seem to overcome this is to make sure that I add a capture date prior to import and this is a real pain if many are involved. I always file my many pics in date order ... capture date if available or import date if not.

Maybe your experience differs so I could be doing something wrong? I have also posted this query in the Cyberlink Forum.