Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Now that I'm out of hibernation....

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Now that I'm out of hibernation....

I don't like cold - that means anything under 65 degrees will not get me out of the door, unless I have to.
    I spent a lot of time, catching up with transferring VHS tapes to DVD.
    Some go all the way back to 1990 - and it brought back a lot of memories. And some emotional moments too, since some of the people on those older tapes passed away since then.
    Anyway, now that the temperature for the moment hovers around 70 degrees, I dusted of my camera and found some little critters playing 'hide and seek'.
    I could not remove the pine-needles that sorta ruin the picture, but:
    1. I would have probably chased them away, and
    2. The leaves of this plant are sharp as a dagger.

Here are my little critters. I'm not sure if they will end up as keepers, but at least the camera is out again.
    3. The lizard slittered in, just when I clicked the shutter

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Now that I'm out of hibernation....

Heyyy..good to see you again. If I waited for temperatures like that I would never get out at all.

Love that second shot,,,what a cute expression.

Real Name

Thanks Sharon.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

The pine needles don't bother me. It looks like the shots are sharp enough to suffer some cropping, if you wanted to, especially number 2 (my favourite). Cute critters

I agree with Sharon. 70F is T shirt, shorts and swimming weather here. It will be about five months until we are that warm. It is a toasty minus 20C (-4F) today and we are all happy because on Monday it was minus 33 (-27F) with a wind chill of minus 45( instant death F)

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by tbob View Post
    The pine needles don't bother me. It looks like the shots are sharp enough to suffer some cropping, if you wanted to, especially number 2 (my favourite). Cute critters
    They're already cropped fairly heavy - I'll try a little tighter, see how that works. The frog is only about the size of a US quarter. I got as close as I could without disturbing him/her. And ended up with a big scratch on my hand. Those leaves are like knives!

I agree with Sharon. 70F is T shirt, shorts and swimming weather here. It will be about five months until we are that warm. It is a toasty minus 20C (-4F) today and we are all happy because on Monday it was minus 33 (-27F) with a wind chill of minus 45( instant death F)
    My daughter lives in Ft.Wayne, Indiana - and I absolutely NEVER visit her in the winter. I grew up in Europe. Never liked the cold then, and don't like it now.
    70F is still jeans and sweaters for me. Higher than that, I may consider shorts and T-shirts.
    Last edited by Kris V; 30th January 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    They're already cropped fairly heavy - I'll try a little tighter, see how that works. The frog is only about the size of a US quarter. I got as close as I could without disturbing him/her. And ended up with a big scratch on my hand. Those leaves are like knives!

My daughter lives in Ft.Wayne, Indiana - and I absolutely NEVER visit her in the winter. I grew up in Europe. Never liked the cold then, and don't like it now.
    70F is still jeans and sweaters for me. Higher than that, I may consider shorts and T-shirts.
    Just curious, do they go into the plants for protection from predators or are there opportunities to ambush insects? Or both i guess.

Too bad you don't like the cold. There are many advantages to living in this sort of climate. There is.............................hmm, I guess there aren't any.

Real Name

Cropped a little tighter:

Real Name

Just curious, do they go into the plants for protection from predators or are there opportunities to ambush insects? Or both i guess
    Honestly, I don't know. They're all over the place, and the lizards frequently pay me a visit inside the house.
    Probably the reason I hardly get any bugs inside, even with the doors open!

Real Name
    james

Kris I love 2. It gave me an alice in wonderland kinda feel. Glad it warmed up for ya !

Real Name
    Jeff

I used to live in New England. The lowest temperature I recall walking around in was -3 F with a wind chill below that. Everything had a cracking sound - snow, car door, me.... You can probably tell what I finally did to solve that problem by looking at my "location" now. (I can't imagine -27 F and I'm guessing its not good for cameras.)

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Kris; I quite like the crop, nicely has the frog dominating. The ladies at work were peering over my shoulder and were quite taken with it. Keep trying with this subject, I suspect there is commercial potential here. Aside from the purely personal appeal

Real Name

Kris; I quite like the crop, nicely has the frog dominating. The ladies at work were peering over my shoulder and were quite taken with it. Keep trying with this subject, I suspect there is commercial potential here. Aside from the purely personal appeal
    My granddaughter wants it printed out to hang in her room. She is totally critter-crazy.
    Actually, she's animal crazy!!