Florin Paunescu

same winter, another pics

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: same winter, another pics

Hi,

#1 is one of those very difficult choices; do you WB (white balance) for the snow in shadow and lit by 'blue sky' light, or the sunlit clouds - you could probably do both with a couple of layers and a manual mask or erase to display the 'correctly' WB half of the image.

#2 is very pleasant, not shadow complications and I love that little tree in the foreground
    I would have been tempted to have panned left a bit - so it wasn't quite so central though.

Could you do me a favour please?
    Could you Edit your Profile and put your first name in the Real Name field and where you are (roughly) in the Location field? - thanks.

Welcome to the CiC forums from ...

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Hi FG. (Agree with Dave's request for a real name or at least a first name.)

Don't know if these were taken on a ski hill or not. In the first image, my brain was curious as to what was down and to the left. It looks like a ski slope and it might have been interesting to have a photo showing the trail down. This is not a comment on your posted image, just another idea. The posted image certainly gives the viewer the feeling of a cold, snowy and beautiful region high on the mountain with a great view of beyond.

Real Name
    Zen

I love #2. I can imagine a bearded (Rocky) Mountain Man or Courier de bois fur trapper emerging from between the trees at the left - complete with snow shoes, colorful garb, deer skin mantle, fur hat, etc. A scene straight out of Jeremiah Johnson. A wonderful shot indeed! Wish it was mine.

Z

Real Name
    Florin Paunescu

Thank your for your comments.
    Both photos were shot with a Nikon AW100. The 1st one suffered some post-processing. It was shot late evening
    The other one is the original (except signature)

@Ken no ski slope