Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nikkor 800mm lens

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Nikkor 800mm lens

Nikon in South Africa today launches a new super-telephoto, single-focal-length lens with dedicated teleconverter. The AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lens with AF-S TELECONVERTER TC800-1.25E ED uses high-end components and advanced technologies to lower weight, improve handling, and enhance image quality. It’s the first NIKKOR lens to use sophisticated technologies and materials like electromagnetic diaphragm control and fluorite lens elements, alongside tried-and-tested features like Vibration Reduction and Nano Crystal Coat.

Boasting the longest focal length in the NIKKOR range, this premium lens is an ideal choice for professional sports and press photographers. When moving nearer to the subject is not an option, the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR delivers the extra reach that brings the subject closer to the camera.

Developed exclusively for use with the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR (not sold separately), each teleconverter is custom-tuned with the individual lens in order to maintain its superior optical performance, while extending the lens’s focal length to 1,000 mm.

Nikkor 800mm lens

Price: ??? ??? Not in my range anyway.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

More affordable?

The AF-S NIKKOR 18–35mm f/3.5–4.5G ED is a versatile, lightweight lens that brings the NIKKOR wide-angle offering up to date, strengthening Nikon’s FX-format lineup. This AF-S lens features improved optical construction and Silent Wave Motor for quiet, fast, accurate autofocus when attached to any Nikon D-SLR camera body.

The newly designed optical formula of the AF-S NIKKOR 18–35mm f/3.5–4.5G ED features 12 elements in eight groups. Three aspherical lenses and two ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements produce superior resolution and correct unwanted aberrations and distortions, while the Nikon Super Integrated Coating reduces ghosting and flare, even in backlit situations.

Nikkor 800mm lens

Real Name
    Peter

Re: More affordable?

That second lens is much more interesting for mere mortals like myself. It might be a good range for me to add to the 70-200mm. I'll wait for some comments on the quality of this lens first though.