Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Incoming Snowball

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Incoming Snowball

I introduced you to Garry here. Through a combination of frustration at not having the time or motivation, at the moment, to get out there into the landscape, and seeing the opportunity to practice capturing movement in AI Servo (Canon) mode, Garry has been getting a lot of snowballs thrown at him!

This is just a bit of fun. But black dog - white snow ... that's also been fun to try and get right.

There are always new opportunities for learning.

Incoming Snowball
    40D, 70-200mm f/4L IS @ 200mm. ISO400. 1/500@f4.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Incoming Snowball

Nice capture! Did he catch it?

Wonderful shot! What a beautiful pup Garry is... with that hair does he have problems with snowballs attaching to his feet and such? Well besides the ones you are throwing at him. lol

Real Name
    Sharon

Beautiful contrasts and a great expression.

Real Name
    Helen Wood

Love it. But you need to practice your snowball making technique - they are supposed to be round. I think Garry needs a bright red frisbee . Does he have a birthday coming up soon?

Real Name
    Richard

Donald, your image resulted in an instant smile. However, the more I look at it, the more I like it. The border collie's famous eyes are locked onto the snowball...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Thank you for your comments folks. This little lad is going to give me hours of photographic pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trina View Post
    with that hair does he have problems with snowballs attaching to his feet and such?
    He's actually not as bad as I thought, although you have to check his rear feet as snow does seem to get clogged in there. The real problem is wet, muddy conditions. There's a lot of hair there that gets very wet!

Real Name
    John

Nicely done, good concentration on both your parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Thank you for your comments folks. This little lad is going to give me hours of photographic pleasure.

He's actually not as bad as I thought, although you have to check his rear feet as snow does seem to get clogged in there. The real problem is wet, muddy conditions. There's a lot of hair there that gets very wet!
    I have an English Springer and can really relate to the wet muddy messes... we just keep a towel by the door.... One thing I found on a Springer site is to put a bit of oil, vegetable or baby oil on the feet to keep the snow from balling up.. we have not had any snow to try this but quite a few folks seemed to have used it....

I keep coming back to this photo, I think what really talks to me is the intentness in his eyes and his determination to get that snowball.. eyes and teeth are so sharp...... look forward to seeing more of him....
    Last edited by Trina; 27th January 2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: typo seem to always show up after I post.