Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Crooked trees

Real Name
    Hemant

Crooked trees

Hello,
    I would like to request your input on the following image. I have been shooting for about 5 years. I am just getting more involved with the hobby now.
    I happened to take this image, while walking down this road by a local lake. The crooked or leaning trees got my attention. Please share your thoughts regarding the composition and post processing.
    Thanks.
    - Hemant
    Crooked trees

Real Name
    Giacomo

Re: Crooked trees

Hi Hemant, I like very much the composition and color balance. The road actually drive us toward the trees.
    In my opinion it could benefit of a slight crop in the lower - blurred - part, which seems to show also some vignetting.

Giacomo

Real Name
    Hemant

Thank you, Giacomo for your input. I purposely added the vignetting, with the purpose of boosting the black levels.

Real Name
    Splashy

I myself often have problems with treetrunks, because I don't know where to cut it of.
    Anyway I think this picture would be nicer in panorama mode so that you have more from the bushes on the left en more of the trees itself and less foreground.

I agree with Giacomo, too much out of focus foreground. Probably the only alternative now would be a square crop.

Everything else looks good to me.