Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Wall

Real Name
    Robin

The Wall

Samsung very nicely gave me a Galaxy Camera before christmas. Haven't had a lot of time to play with it but as Jessops is no more I feel that is going to change.

Went out today to play in the snow with the kids and to give the new Pentax K30 I picked up recently (wanted a lighter system to wander about with day-to-day and it has about the right mix of spec) a trial but ended up with it staying in the Hadley. Only shot I 'saw' was a fair way off so out came the Galaxy - a 21x zoom is pretty handy at times and the I.S. works like a dream.

This was processed, resized, hosted and posted with the camera:

The Wall

Bit of a weird beast the Galaxy. It is clever, has some cool features and if the iso is kept under control the quality is ok but at times the Android OS gets in the way.
    I love...really...really...love...the 4.77" AMOLED screen though and wished all my cameras screen were as good.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: The Wall

Really nice abstract, Robin. Great use of lines and shapes. Is it a sculpture in front of a fence?

Real Name
    Robin

It's the wall of a building being constructed.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Simple, interesting and I like it. That was all I was going to say then I spotted the little dark segments up the extreme right hand side which I suggest would be better cropped out.

Real Name
    Robin

Just spotted them now I've looked at the image on the Mac - 4.77 inches are good...27 of them are better

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Nice juxtaposition of elements. This sort of image gives me ideas for future use, one of the great aspects of this site is the variety of concepts people bring to the table.