Thread: Blackwater Estuary C&C welcome...

Real Name
    Frank

Blackwater Estuary C&C welcome...

Blackwater Estuary C&C welcome...
    f/10..1/250..ISO 400

Real Name
    Koos

Re: Blackwater Estuary C&C welcome...

Dear Frank,
    I nice view you have there! A few commentsas I can see it, although you are free to differ in your opinion. The bend on the left sideis being cut off in the picture, is there any way the complete bend would show? The point of view is a little low, so the rest of the estuary in the distance a small stripes. May be with a higher point, for instance with a ladder could bring the waters more into view. I would make the air in PP somewhat more dramatic. Hope this helps.
    Greetings,
    Koos

Real Name
    Frank

many thanks for your insights ... I did do a shot with the complete bend but it just didn't look right to me...you make a good point about the rest of the estuary I can see now that it would have look better being less flat...
    All helpful Koos.
    Regards
    Frank

I wouldn't want to go any 'wider' with this shot, Frank, so showing more on the right would mean losing a similar amount from the left.

But I can't say if that would be better or worse without actually being there.

It could work OK though.

However, at the moment there is a bit of mystery about the right side. Is that a bend or a junction? I need to see some alternative shots before deciding either way.

Overall, a pleasing scene with good exposure and focus.

Real Name
    Frank

thanks Geoff, to be honest there was little to ' miss ' on the right with the bend and getting up higher would be fine in a perfect world .. but I would have to be 20' higher to do anything for the perspective , its a matter of making the best of what was there.
    but although it was a cold and dull day I had to work to get the best of the tones and what colour there was , so thanks for noticing those...