Thread: Scott Kelby Photoshop For Travel Photographers

Real Name
    Richard

Scott Kelby Photoshop For Travel Photographers

I just found a great tutorial on the Camera Raw Interface of Photoshop CS6 presented by Scott Kelby at B&H Photo and Video in New York City and posted on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIt1cDw5lLI

Although I have Scott's book on CS6 For Photographers; I did not really understand how to use the new sliders in Camera Raw. Now that I watched (and saved for further viewing) this video tutorial, his book seems a lot more understandable...

BTW, I learned that Photoshop Elements 11 incorporates the Camera Raw 7 interface that is included in CS6. However, the PSE Camera Raw is somewhat less sophisticated (read "less capable').

Real Name
    John

Re: Scott Kelby Photoshop For Travel Photographers

I haven't read the book you are referring to but I have Kelby's PSE8 book for digital photogaphy and it gives a pretty good handle on the use of the sliders. The clerk that sold it to me said that it was a book designed for people wanting to understand the software, not trying to understand the camera.

Real Name
    Richard

CS-6 as well as PSE-11 and Lightroom-4 have a new set of sliders...

Scott Kelby Photoshop For Travel Photographers

I couldn't quite grasp the use of these sliders until I watched Scott Kelby's YouTube video. Now, they are more understandable and I think that I am going to enjoy them...

Real Name
    Allen Conway

The one book by Scott Kelby that I have - Photoshop CS5 for Digital Photographers - (on reflection, I might be more analogue than digital) - I didn't really like, but he is a very good showman and his tutorial here (not really, or at least solely, about ACR) is very entertaining, informative, and fun. Thanks for the link!

Real Name
    Richard

My only problem with Kelby's books is his corney sense of humor. Hoeever, his humor comes across better on the video for me than in print...

Thanks for posting that Richard, very helpful.
    I have been having trouble with anything remotely close to landscapes and this actually helped me.