Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: On a rainy day at the lilly pond.....

Real Name
    Griddi

On a rainy day at the lilly pond.....

It rained last Sunday, I shoot this photo with my camera in a plastic bag, and just an opening for the lens, on the lilly pond at the Botanic Garden.......

As always C&C very welcome please.....

Griddi......

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: On a rainy day at the lilly pond.....

One very nice pond that can keep on occupied for days. Nicely shot imho that shows off very well the beauty of the place.

Real Name
    Griddi

Hi Bobo,

Thank you !!!!!!!

Griddi.......

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Hi Griddi. An interesting image that shows the lotus flowers in the pond. Because if was a rainy day, the lighting is quite even compared to what it would have been on a bright sunny day. I like all the different shades of green with bits of color from the flowers and orange droppings on the lawn in the background.

I think you might get additional interesting shots if you zoom in on one or two of the lotus plants. For example a vertical shot of the bright, pinkish-red blossom closest to the lower right corner has some possibilities

Real Name
    Griddi

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Curtis View Post
    Hi Griddi. An interesting image that shows the lotus flowers in the pond. Because if was a rainy day, the lighting is quite even compared to what it would have been on a bright sunny day. I like all the different shades of green with bits of color from the flowers and orange droppings on the lawn in the background.

I think you might get additional interesting shots if you zoom in on one or two of the lotus plants. For example a vertical shot of the bright, pinkish-red blossom closest to the lower right corner has some possibilities
    Ken, thank you so very much for looking and commenting, I had zoomed in on the pink / red lotus flower, but did not posted it here, because I thought perhaps not good enough to show, but see here, I show it now.......

Griddi......

Real Name
    Louise

Quite good Griddi, one can "feel" the rain coming down. I gess pictures belongs to the ones that go out in all weather. I still feel envious as I am berried under tons of snow.

Real Name
    Griddi

Quote Originally Posted by wlou View Post
    Quite good Griddi, one can "feel" the rain coming down. I gess pictures belongs to the ones that go out in all weather. I still feel envious as I am berried under tons of snow.
    Hi Louise, thank you for looking and comment, to tell you the truth I got VERRY wet that day, and did not come home with many photos in the camera as planed......

As for the tons of snow you have, I would like to have these, as we have here at this time quite often, like yesterday, 44C, so my thoughts often turns to snow pictures.......

Greetings,
    Griddi......

Real Name
    james

nice shots Griddi, I too like to take photos in the weather, it seems like a great way to get soft light in the middle of the day.

Real Name
    mark

Looks good to me! I can see the drops on the flower and the bluring frames the flower nicely.

Real Name
    Griddi

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    nice shots Griddi, I too like to take photos in the weather, it seems like a great way to get soft light in the middle of the day.
    Thank you James, and I agree with you regarding the softer light when the sun is not shinning, or it evens rains, this even is much better, in our harsh, bright australian sunshine........

Kind Regards,
    Griddi......

Real Name
    Griddi

Quote Originally Posted by mknittle View Post
    Looks good to me! I can see the drops on the flower and the bluring frames the flower nicely.
    Thank you very much Mark !

Greetings,
    Griddi.......

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Griddy, great shot of the single lotus flower. Wonderful lighting and very clear where it should be. Next time, try a slightly different composition where main blossom is not leaning out of the image. In the sample above, it might be a bit better if the flower were on the right side, one-third of the way into the image. Just the same, you did well.

Real Name
    Griddi

Hi Ken, thank you again........

Although I don't think the Lotus flowers will be still blooming when I will visit the Bot. Garden next time, as these bloom only for a very short time, but hopeful next year I hope to try out there more different angles, when I was there last Sunday it rained, and rained, and I just got so wet, so I took these photos as quickly as possible, to get some photo at all.......

Greetings,
    Griddi........