Thread: Fishy Pet pics

Real Name
    Peter

Fishy Pet pics

The only 'Pets' we have are my boy's FISH -- so I had a go at taking them in close-up
    here is one taken with my 1984 Mamiya C220 free gift camera on outdated 1987 Kodak VPS III 220 size film with twin flash heads from an old Braun Hobby unit and I processed the film myself in C41 chemistry -- I had to allow for the 'Parallax error' of course.
    Fishy Pet pics
    Goldfish 2 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    This one is on my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM + the 80mm CFE f2.8 Planar+extension tube using 1999 outdated Konica VX100 film -- I did a 16x12" RA4 darkroom print of this for my Club and got a 'sticker' !
    Fishy Pet pics
    Fishy Friends by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    This one is on my Pentax K10D + my 1970's 50mm f4 SMC Macro-Takumar lens, lit with the twin flashes as before
    Fishy Pet pics
    Fish Monster by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Fishy Pet pics

Hi Pete,

Having tried this with digital and found it extremely difficult (using just the aquarium light), these are very good, but I guess you used flash and could afford a better aperture for DoF and had the speed of the flash for freezing subject movement.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Terri

These are good. I especially like the first one, only because it is more colorful. The second one is a cute composition with the title.

Developing film... haven't done that since college and even then didn't ever do color. I guess these days, you keeping that alive is akin to my spinning yarn on my spinning wheel.

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks Folks !! -- yes, and they were all MANUAL FOCUS lenses -- none of this modern auto-focus stuff !
    The flashes must be 50 years old -- I got my first Braun Hobby electronic flash unit in Germany in 1957 for £14 -00 at the Canadian Maple Leaf Store when I was in the British Army -- in England the same flashes were over £39-00 with all the TAXES!
    I have been GIVEN several of these Braun units over many years and rescued some from going to a dump even ! The acid batteries have long since packed up but they all work off the mains electric perfectly !!